Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Ss

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Ok, looking at getting an 05 VZ SS. Anything specifically i need to look when buying second hand other than the usual stuff?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
just check all they usual stuff. check the log books cause it should still be under warrenty and you dont want that to be void by a service been missed.etc

but yeah there isnt anything really to look out for. just remember alot of people bought these cars cause of there power so there is a good chance there is some thrashed ones goin around.

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
yeah but the VZ SS has the electronic cable, so in theory, this would allow it to be kicked in the guts, but would stop once it hit the red line... right? Or am i completely off target here?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
your right about the electronic throttle(aka fly by wire). but all fuel injected cars have a redline. so all those cars are protected by the red limiter.

but are car that spends it life at the redline isnt goin to last long.

but saying all this you will find most of the better condition vz's have been well looked after by mature people

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
my ss was an ex hwp vehicle and at first i was a bit concerned about it having been given a real thrashing by em but since ive had it no probs,also just put it in for a wrrty check and the mech said everythng mech is as good if not beta than some other privately used cars getin round.but so true wat naf said,there would be heaps of bad ones for sale,if u go thru a holden dealer i myself wouldnt be to worried as there used car wrrty is pretty gd,mine was from the fleet ppl so thats why i put it into holden to have a more thorough check. :) you will absolutely love it.are u goin for a manny or auto? id prefer the manual but since gettin used to my auto when pwr btn is on it can really get goin thru the gears real fast! happy hunting!

Last edited:

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Am looking at Manuals only... I can't stand driving auto, its just too boring.. Hopefully either during the week, or this weekend I will take one for a test drive that i have had my eyes on..Its an ex holden car from melb, driven by the engineering dept down there suposedly, and they reckon it doesn't have a mark on it...

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
Mate, the ex holden cars are the go imo. My last two cars (vy2 calais and now the ss) were excutive driven had all updates/services done and sometimes they can be a good buy if there keen to move them on. I'm rapt in the manual too.
Good luck.

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
How much did you pay for your VZ SS?? And with how many thousand Kays?

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
I dont know if this helps but in Adelaide about 6 weeks ago I bought my car from the fleet auctions and noticed a VZ SS go for low-mid 20's with around 50-60K and Early 06 Model (allthough it all depends on who is bidding).
I paid 14K for an ex cop Exec in perfect condition which is pretty cheap (I didnt want to pay for insurance) wish I bought the SS!! :bang:

They come with 2 keys and log books

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
was it white? prob ex vic police