Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Suspension Thread

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Yes, I am still running all stock sedan FE2 suspension gear apart from the springs. You should be fine with them. I have heard stories that the springs become uncaptive but have never had a problem with this, even when I have a rear corner jacked-up a fair distance the springs are still captive.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
don forget a 4 point camber kit. it might cost a little more but will save you tyres in the long run. i fitted my ute with lovells super lows and scrubbed a set of tyres in 20K when it had only a 2 point kit in it. i just got it back a week ago from getting a 4 point put in and there is a huge difference, you can see that the camber isnt as bad

scolari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore sv6
troy how much do you reckon a camber kit would set me back

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
The VZ's came stock with an adjustable trailing arm in the rear I believe which allows you to correct alot of the camber without a camber kit.
Although it may be beneficial to add one, I have never run a camber kit and have done at least 25,000k's on my current tyres and should easily get another 10-15,000k's out of them. I think 40-45,000k's is pretty good wear for such low profile tyres. Just pays to rotate them every 4-6 months.

scolari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore sv6
well nordy i have jsut bought the same springs should get them installed one day soon then i will post pics

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
well nordy i have jsut bought the same springs should get them installed one day soon then i will post pics

Awesome mate! Cant wait to see it sacked :dance:

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
yes, put the wagon shocks in the sedan when lowering,

your wag has superlows im guessing from the part number? looks like ill be getting lows, oh what size is your wheels?

yeah superlows all round. wheels are 20" with 35 profile tyre. feels great to drive. all body roll eliminated :)

have also been told about more adjustment in the vz, have also been advised on a 2 point not a 4 point kit. utes are different i think

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
I was looking at super lows also but Im now kind of considering getting pedders 6419 6412 (tournig) springs. These are a little lower than super low (only by around 10mm) but I dont know if its going be over kill and too low for every day driving, especialy in the front end.
Otherwise Im considering going the super low front and tourning rear which should sit nice and level, same height setup as my old VP.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
just remember, when you go low you need to learn how to wog crawl over speed bumps. ive never managed to get stuck but i have found 1 speed bump in canberra that i am not going to try cos it wont have a happy result

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
lol i like the term wog crawl