Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Air Intake Pipe

Owned

VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I dunno lol.
Just throwing the idea out there. I've got one here you're welcome to try.

Correct me if im wrong, the air intake tube off the alloytec 175 does not have these "Air chamber tubes" that act as resonators on the 190 alloytec? If this is correct would replacing the air intake pipe of the 190 wih the 175 be a good idea?

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
This thread is hilarious.

I'm running the 175 pipe on my 190 SV6 and have noticed no difference in noise or performance FYI.

Aaron181

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Have u got a better air filter ? :/ on the 175 pipe.... cause i'm sure that would make a difference.. maybe

Last edited:

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Old thread but yes I went forced induction on the intake :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yes, I've been thread digging , but I put a intake pipe from an VZ executive , on my SV6 yesterday , minus the resonator , and with the Mace CAI , all I noticed was that it was a little throatier , and perhaps a minor , very minor increase in low down torque .

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
Yeah I've changed my sv6's intake pipe to the 175s and can't say if it's made any overall power increase (not much increase in induction noise if any) but it seems to be smoother revving and better throttle response witch only got better also after a CHE tune and I've got a MACE CAI + 25mm manifold spacers + 3" 3A POD FILTER! And yeah don't think that they would be holding air for WOT sounds a bit far fetched to me.

Would be good if some1 ran there vz sv6 on a dyno with both intake pipes and see if ANY at all difference is made between them.
lol just my 2c aswell