Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Sv6 Clutch Upgrade

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
On my Exedy price list they don't list a HD for the VZ. I'll give them a bell tomorrow (closed today for public holiday in Brisbane), but in the meantime, standard Exedy replacement clutch pricing is:

- VZ, 3.6 Ltr V6, Kit less DMF, includes Concentric Slave Cylinder assembly $939
- VZ, 3.6 Ltr V6, Kit includes DMF and Concentric Slave Cylinder assembly $2379

You'd definitely want to make sure the DMF needs replacing before forking out that sort of dollars...

hey mate, look into the exedy single mass flywheel, although i pay a considerable amount less than retail, i think retail was about 1600, that includes, smf, pressure plate, clutch disc and concentric slave

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
i just installed the xtreme heavy duty in my sv6, new single mass flywheel, cushion button clutch plate, pressure plate, and new slave cylinder..

bought it at martins clutch and brake in cambelltown cost me $2200 including postage.

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
im getting an xtreme organic HD clutch fitted, as seen. $1700 incl GST but exluding postage and handling. went through Autobarn got charged an Extra $30 for postage and handling. Not too bad as the stock clutch is 2900 fitted and it's getting fitted for less then $2500!
thumbCreator.asp

hey impulsive on your pressure plate did yours come with dowl pins that you tap in to the flywheel as mine doesn't have any, which the original one did? with no dowl pins the shier load is under the 6 pressure plate bolts!!!!

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
hey mate, look into the exedy single mass flywheel, although i pay a considerable amount less than retail, i think retail was about 1600, that includes, smf, pressure plate, clutch disc and concentric slave
So they do! For some reason you've got to ask as it's not listed on their website, or in our distributor price list...

$1539 for the single mass flywheel replacement kit!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
ROLNRG you didn't say in your other thread where you complaining of the noise that it was a button clutch you have. no wonder it's noisy!!!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Guys, if you have the means to install yourself then have a go. They're quite easy to do and you'll save yourself some coin. I haven't tried the ones mentioned, but have driven my brothers ss with a Mal Wood clutch and it's excellent, that'll be the one i go for when mines done.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
so wat clutch would b the way to go
If you don't plan to keep the car for any extended period of time, or drive like a grandma, then you could probably stick to just a standard dual mass replacement clutch for $939.

If you plan to keep the car, or flog the crap out of it, you won't find too many people who wouldn't recommend spending the extra coin and getting a solid flywheel replacement kit at $1539...

manual vz sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
yeh i think i wil just get the solid flywheel rep kit coz i dont drive like a grandma lol

If you don't plan to keep the car for any extended period of time, or drive like a grandma, then you could probably stick to just a standard dual mass replacement clutch for $939.

If you plan to keep the car, or flog the crap out of it, you won't find too many people who wouldn't recommend spending the extra coin and getting a solid flywheel replacement kit at $1539...

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
jesus 2500 for a clutch. Thats alot of coin for a clutch. I got a heavy duty clutch kit for my vx and also got a solid mass flywheel at the same time and let me tell you boys its worlds different heaps better.