Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Sv6 front bumper

AJ-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what causes the VZ Sv6 front bumper to buckle in the wheel arch (see photo). I've only had the car for a couple of months and the cars I looked at all had the same thing (to different degrees). I've been very careful with it (I usually end up half parking and getting out to check the front clearance) and have not hit any curbs, but I have scraped the spoiler a couple of times going out the driveway (though very gently).
Anyway, I've just noticed the crack in the bumper and am a bit pi$$ed off about it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Bumper.jpg
    Bumper.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 415

gregiem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
It happens when you hit a gutter, the bumper bends at a weak point in the middle. Had the same on my old bumper and have seen it lots on other vz's.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Mine has looked like that since the stone age. There's no crack in the paint, but it looks buckled just like that. Get some touch up paint over the crack and you'll forget it was even there.

Jake Thompson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore 3.6L V6
Does anyone know if a vz sv6 front bumper would fit on a vz equipe? (Equipe front ends are the same as executives) And would it look flush with the rest of the car?