Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ sv6 modification ideas???

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
never heard of the C2E? if you mean cpr6... thats a different story that i fell should be told around the camp fire.

i dunno what sort of leads your going to find for the alloytec either mate.

Headwork? your talking shaving the heads, modifying cams etc? Now thats big coin.. if you want a fast car, why not buy one.. for that money you almost could

King diddy calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais 05 Alloytec 190 with a secret mod
I'd suggest a Hsv catback I have one it's much better than standard and quiet as hell, but if you give it a bit it does sound a little much grumpy and does give a performance gain. Cheap as chips too ;) also a two hole mod or some sort of cai would be a start also diff gears are a good step in the right direction, I'd suggest 3.45 diff for a bit more off line start but also a speedo calibration will be needed if diff is done so your not off in speed wise (smashed typing this so give me some leeway) also a tune could help but would cost around the 1k mark. Cheers, Jesse.

( if your in Melbourne) I'd go to horsepower factory in dandenong a.k.a HPF good blokes and know there Aussie cars better than a Holden or ford engineer. :D also change your location to your state or closest suburb mate, easier to give advice if we know where you are. :):):):):):):):)

Spooki8080

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
I live in NSW Wollongong, and yeah what do you mean the alloytec is far ahead of forced induction? I heard these engines aren't very reliable at all. I'm not after buying a car, I really love this car mainly the colour, I'd rather a car that I built over a car that I've bought.

Since having this car seems to have problem after problem, first was tyres then tailshaft, then water pump, bushes now diff -.- but still this car seems to surprise me, the auto tranny is quite impressive too has no lag spots.

As for fast my car can get up and go when it needs to, would just like a bit more acceleration as it has hit the track an grand parents property up in NT, I've hit 231 with still more give, but to be honest I guess I'm more into handling.

Tried the two hole mod but took it to my own touch I think I can feel the difference, but
That could be imagination. I can definitely hear the induction rawr easily.

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
never heard of the C2E? if you mean cpr6... thats a different story that i fell should be told around the camp fire.

i dunno what sort of leads your going to find for the alloytec either mate.

Headwork? your talking shaving the heads, modifying cams etc? Now thats big coin.. if you want a fast car, why not buy one.. for that money you almost could

Yer I guess ur right I'll just make my car look nice and just save for a faster car