Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ sv6 modification ideas???

Spooki8080

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
what power gain does it add?
how does it affect power, eg, increased air flow or?
rises in fuel consumption?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
my experience only...

Increased throttle response from standard, with both tb and manifold fitted. HP gain unkown. helped run consinsted 15.30 with a 6 speed manual. Fuel consumption improved averaging 11 s(urban) from 12s per 100km.

looks great in the engine bay with polished manifold. One of a kind modification's. The manifold is similiar to the CPR6, half the price, and a standard fit. The CPR6 has some changes to fitment too. The only thing required is a zip tie to tie the butterfly valve up with and maybe the holden badge for the middle

Spooki8080

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
what do the sv6's run normally on the 1/4?
saw your manifold polishing looks pretty good might try it myself as for the throttle body i might try something similar myself, my custom air intake works like a boss, think i perfected the 2 hole mod. Might have to try modifying an old manifold too, i would think about buying yours if it was given to me on the dyno sheet or quarter mile sheet times.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
if you can weld alloy i suggest you go for it.. its a painful job, post up in a thread i reckon.

i would expect to see sv6 manuals run anywhere from 15.5>

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I tried the throttle body on my car at the track. It was a hot night and I was only running 15.7 out there, put the throttle body on and it went down to about 15.4.

Other nights I've ran 15.3 consistent and fitted some 3.46 dif gears and was getting consistent 15.1.

Then... Fitted a raptor supercharger and was running 13.4

Spooki8080

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
i justased my mate Troy who has an sv6 manual only mod he has is a redback exhaust 2.5'' no tune and he runs 15.4 quite comfortably?
my car easily beats his off the line and continues t pull away, maybe tyres have something to do with it. I also know of a mate Sam who's executive with no mods at all runs a 15.7.

what were your 60ft times?? if these mods didnt take down your times im hoping its because they were so good it makes you have **** traction of the start?????????

Spooki8080

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
Sorry my mistake Sam's exucutive has a 2hole mod and k&N filter. ad his car was at 1/4 tank of fuel.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Temp has a lot to do with 1/4 mile times. It's not just that, it's humidity also as well as auto/manual

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
my car ran 15.3 standard, with these mod. 1/4 times cannot determine a cars ability, only the users on the particular night. the difference between one 15.4 and consistent 15.3s is a statement in its own. Im sure i could get my times down to maybe 15.1 or 15.2

Spooki8080

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
Richard with your Raptor kit, in the 13's thats pretty good seem as though these cars dont come with forced induction, what boost are you running?
what are the RWKW on the sv6 with raptor?