Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 problems

wassaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
I have been haveing problems for the last four months where my car won't start every Thursday. The car turns over but won't start and when it's does runs rough and sometimes stalls. It's done it twice after refilling and the other times just when starting it in the morning. Took it to a mech. They could not find anything. And only code that come up was to do with the key coupling code. What ever that is. It has come up check power train once when it would not start for five mins turning the engine over. Again no code

I have replace air and fuel filter. Cleaned MAf sensor. Spark plugs o2 sensors. Checked throttel body. Just wondering where to try next. Fuel pump. Imobilers maybe. ???

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
The car wants u to start ur weekends early!

Seriously,
Key coupling code is to do with you using one key then changing to another. Cause its a rolling code thats always changing, it will throw up an trouble code.
if you've had check powertrain come up id be checking under the car & having a look at ur O2 sensors.

wassaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
both 02 sensors have been reaplced at the front. Well oxygen sensors that is. is that the same thing?

wassaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
prob just cause will fill it up most thursdays i think. maybe a heap of **** in the fuel tank

wassaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Just found this on Holden handy hints web page will give it ago and see what happens.

MODEL: Commodore
SERIES: VZ
PROBLEM: Crank but no start
POSSIBLE CAUSE:possible loose connection at control relay circuit or a possible faulty relay

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Old thread but new issue for me on 3.6 VZ auto wagon (not SV6). It's done 278k km. In the last couple of days when I start the engine it fires up normally but then dies within a few seconds. It's done it only 3 or 4 times over 2 days and not the first start for the day, so warm engine. It will restart ok and run perfectly. I fitted a new fuel pump assembly to it a couple of weeks ago and have since done 2000km pulling a camper trailer and it didn't miss a beat. This issue showed up the day after we got home.

What's going on? What's the cause? TIA.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Common Denominator is its ok when its hot !

Connections,
Ground terminals
Sensor ? (get it scanned, as not ALL DTC's activate the MIL)