Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Thoughts/feedback

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
:) In my early years I put a 202 in a UC Sunbird because I loved the body so much I wouldn't sell the car, mods cost me like $4 grand - worst financial mistake of my life- car ran like a dog and I was too shy to put pressure on the mechanics to fix everything I was unhappy about,

A torana with a hot 6 was the ducks guts back in my younger days when I couldn't afford a V8
Wish I still had my Barbados Green LH....... F#@kin loved that car

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
A torana with a hot 6 was the ducks guts back in my younger days when I couldn't afford a V8

Had a new Absinth Yellow LH SLR 202 in my younger days..............absolutely hated the F#@kin thing, gone within 12 months.
No guts, handled like bag of 5h1T, and uncomfortable. Now I look at them at car shows and think "That's nice", then bad memories kick in.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Had a new Absinth Yellow LH SLR 202 in my younger days

Can't remember the amount of disagreements I've had over the years, with so called "Holden Gurus" that say an SLR Torana never came in a 6 cylinder, or a 253 either.
"They only came in 308 mate, that's why they are an SLR5000, cause the 308 is a 5 litre engine" seems to be the most common response

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Can't remember the amount of disagreements I've had over the years, with so called "Holden Gurus" that say an SLR Torana never came in a 6 cylinder, or a 253 either.
"They only came in 308 mate, that's why they are an SLR5000, cause the 308 is a 5 litre engine" seems to be the most common response

That is because these days every LC/LJ Torana is an XU-1, every LH is SLR5000, every Hatchback is a A9X, and every XW/XY Falcon is Phase 3 GTHO. Can't wait until my CV8 turns into a HRT427.
This has very little to do with the OP, but good nostalgia.

R

Risky

That is because these days every LC/LJ Torana is an XU-1, every LH is SLR5000, every Hatchback is a A9X, and every XW/XY Falcon is Phase 3 GTHO. Can't wait until my CV8 turns into a HRT427.
This has very little to do with the OP, but good nostalgia.

So behind the Cruze is a Holden Gemini lol

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6

You are right but I still had to put up with the line "but that's still not a real Torana ... it's a bird " :)

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
You are right but I still had to put up with the line "but that's still not a real Torana ... it's a bird " :)

Lol at it's a bird
Considering the name Torana came from an aboriginal word that means "To Fly"

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Lol at it's a bird
Considering the name Torana came from an aboriginal word that means "To Fly"

Well this one was more a joy to drive when it had the gutless 4 cylinder in it - that's how bad the upgrade went for me. Sure, I had more power but it was badly tuned and with diff and gearbox issues thrown on top.
If only I could go back and have my time again, both with my money and my so called mechanic.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
umm,. sorry for going off topic - don't spend money on putting more grunt in a V6 is my opinion.