Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz thunder issue

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
Hi all,

At the moment im having an issue with my ute, its a thunder 4 spd auto. On acceleration it kicks really hard between 1-2 gear, generally only at around 1800rpm. When i say kicks hard i really mean it, it could probably put your spine out if you werent expecting it. It also causes my rear wheels to spin as well. As previously stated its only when changing from 1st-2nd gears (doesnt on the downshift). I took it to Holden (its under warranty) and they said that its because its to late and they would have to raise it up before they look at it again, they seem to reckon that dueto its heightit might be putting the drivetrain out of allignment..... i have spoken to a number of mechanics in the lastday and they seem to reckon thats a load of B.S. anyone got any ideas?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
the height of the car makes no difference they are tryign to get out of work, go in tell them to replace the G/box under warranty, if they dont take them to an embuddsmen, holden dealers **** themselves!!

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
so just to clarify: the fact that the rear is lower than the front shouldnt actually affect the drivetrain at all?
Has anyone had an issue like this before?

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
It definitely shouldn't affect the way an auto changes gears, that's a certainty...
as for the entire drivetrain? well there's some stories out there about rear IRS diffs going a lil funny, and pushing the rear wheels out further too :s

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
Well update time......after raising the car again and sending it to holden ive still recieved nothing from them....now their saying its an issue with the gas system and are charging me for looking at it seems as though the gas isnt under warranty! Anyone got any idea how the gas could possibly be affecting the gear change?

mdmatt

mdmatt
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 LS1 Auto VZ SSZ 328.6rwhp
they are full of **** mate... now they're trying to get $$ out of you.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Definately sounds like an auto trans line pressure issue.

Go to another dealer.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
i had a vx where a solinoid went and caused the same issue. id try another dealer or get an auto mob to give you some ideas