Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Trip Computer "Service Reminder" reset

xcaluber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I tried it, and it works nicely. Does anybody know why this warning comes on? (Service engine oil.)

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
By VZ popped up today at 28,400 with a service reminder. I thought it was 1000km before the services, so 29,000km it should start reminding me. Ah well, yet another whinge to the deaf ears of holden coming up..... :D

MySV6

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Fixed the problem in 10 seconds at the dealer. they told me it is yet another bug, er feature, in the software :(

A

Alexio

Doctor Bob said:
hold the bottom two buttons and key on
when it beeps release them
press and hold the top right button until it resets.
there are lots of VZ V6 cars with the instruments incorrectly programmed causing the 10k reminder, take it to the dealer to get the instrument cluster re-programmed.

Cheers Rob

Is this the same procedure as the VT??

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
MySV6 said:
Fixed the problem in 10 seconds at the dealer. they told me it is yet another bug, er feature, in the software :(

when your saying they fixed it in 10 secs do you mean they updated the firmware in the dash or did they just simply do the reset like they would for the normal service reminders ?

why i ask is that my car has recently popped up with this code on the dash and i have booked it in to get it fixed at holden on saturday, however if its just reseting the reminder in the dash i'll do that myself and save a trip to holden!!

Salman786

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 LS
I've just completed the 20,000km service on my dad's VZ SV6, and am trying to reset the trip computer. I tried the sequence that resets the reminder in my VT, and it says "Awaiting Confirmation" and doesn't change from that screen. I have also tried the VY Sequence, and it doesn't seem to get as far as the VT Sequence.

Can anyone help and provide the correct sequence to reset the reminder?

Thank you for your help.

hi, i have the same problem 2005 model Middleeastern model Lumina LS 3800CC.currentl reading is 19200 and its giving message for 110,000 service. I did as above but its saying awaiting confirmation? i dont understand from where its awaiting confirmation. maybe when meter reading reaches 110,000km then it will reset it automatically? please anybody advise me. i bought used car from a showroom but the owners manual is in different laungauge arabic, and i canot understand it.
Thanks

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Try this mate

1. Turn the ignition OFF.
2. Hold down the trip computer UP and DOWN buttons together.
3. Turn the ignition ON while still holding down both buttons.
4. After approx 3 seconds, release both buttons.
5. The service menu appears and asks if you want to reset.
6. Press and hold the SET button for more than 3 secs.
7. Press the MODE button.
8. Turn ignition OFF.

Ripitupher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Vz computer

My Vz also has an awaiting confirmation message when trying to reset the service message. I tried the hold down the buttons thing but there is no beep no matter how long you hold them down for. Any help please

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
What service message are u getting?
Im getting the service engine oil on mine since friday, mine hangs at awaiting confirmation too.
This is a seperate issue to the service reminder message.

I did a few searches on google, some are saying it can be reset & others are saying its a software glitch to do with overseas models or some rubbish like that.
Well its a trip to Holden tomorrow.

VZ_Lumina

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Lumina
Mine had it and just removed it using the steps that were listed above.