Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ under 15k?

kblume

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina V6
Bought my VZ Lumina for 15k, sold it for 12k.. If you pay more than 15k for a VZ V6 exec/acclaim/berlina/lumina etc, your a fool.. SV6's can be had it good nick for under 17-18k.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
thats because, the more you add to a car e.g non stock, the more value is taken away.

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 190kw & VZ Acclaim
I paid $15,800 for my VZ SV6 with 135,000kms on the Clock. Prestine condition inside and out. And I just picked up my new VZ Acclaim for $12,400 with 116,000km on the clock. Same condition. Both with good log book history and a very helpful dealer.

My advice - have an RACQ Mastercheck done before purchase. Yeah it may cost you $180, but they give you a great idea if there are any issues with the car, and I was forthcoming with the dealer and showed the reports, which they were more than happy to fix what ever was found without question before purchase. They also appreciate the reports to know what sort of condition the cars are that they are buying too.

When I was looking around, I checked out an Auction centre, which had two VZ's (An Equipe and an Executive), both under $10,000. Bucket load of km's on both of them, and one had a Airbag fault warning on startup, which the salesman couldn't care less about. This auction centre sells the car on behalf of the owner, so there is no option to screw them down on the price, as the auction centre has already done that to the seller. They will not organise a RACQ Inspection, and you pretty much buy the car as is. The Warranty is pretty ordinary as well, as mine both had 5,000km or 3 month Warranty if there were any issues located within that time.

Police auctions - As I have said in a previous post, I have pulled enough people out of the back of police vehicles that have been covered in blood, vomit and any other bodily fluids you can think of, and no matter how hard you try to clean it, its always going to be there. D Cars would be my choice, for one being that they are not all white, and secondly, they wouldn't get as much of a workout compared to a generals unit. All are serviced well.

I just set a limit on which I could afford to spend, and kept checking the websites and looking through any car yards in the area keeping to these specifics.
Hope this gives you some ideas on whats out there.

Kn10

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
When I was shopping for my VZ SV6 I saw a bunch of them at around the $15 mark, but just about all of them had 100,000km plus.

In regards to what VZSV6 above me said about cop cars, aside from the mystery fluids in the car, the cops FANG their cars.

If you have ever been pulled over by a cop, they really floor it to catch up with you. Hard acceleration, hard braking and the occasional going up a gutter. You dont want their cars.

Just thinking about the mystery fluids a little more.. imagine all the homeless bums they have had in their backseat?

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I paid $17000 for my ss with 60 000km on it 12 months ago, one owner, was having money problems. Look around mate, theres always a bargain to be had.

figsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 2005
I got my red sv6 for 14 (guy wated to get rid of it) No mechamical problems at all owned by a panel beater, has done 148,000 but is immaculate no cosmetic damage at all and it been serviced regualry very good buy.

Tony_harrison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6 2004
gotta love mates rates
my sv6 was 18G but i got 4G on my VL trade in (no loss cause thats what i paid for it) and i paid most and once i get tax back i would of paid for every cent of the car ^_^
only done 60kms