Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Ute suspension

ThatVzUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Commodore Ute
Hey boys, Im looking at wreckers for some cheaper parts, someone is selling rear springs ssl or sssl (Im still confirming that), but doesn't know if they are off a sedan or ute. Just wanted to ask if the suspension is the same or if the suspension between the ute and sedan are different.
cheers.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So the suspension itself is the same except for the shock mounting between the two, but that's irrelevant if you're just talking about springs. Best way to find out is to check the part number on the springs and compare that to the Kings catalogue. as also what happens is people actually have no idea what they're selling. Another thing to note is that ute and sedan springs although are interchangeable are not the same heights for rears, so ultra low ute springs are a lot higher than the sedan equivelant as I found out with my first VZ years ago. I found that for low daily driving sedan ultra lows in the rear and super lows in the front was the perfect setup. The rears part number was KHRL-46SL HD, Hope this helps.

ThatVzUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 Commodore Ute
So the suspension itself is the same except for the shock mounting between the two, but that's irrelevant if you're just talking about springs. Best way to find out is to check the part number on the springs and compare that to the Kings catalogue. as also what happens is people actually have no idea what they're selling. Another thing to note is that ute and sedan springs although are interchangeable are not the same heights for rears, so ultra low ute springs are a lot higher than the sedan equivelant as I found out with my first VZ years ago. I found that for low daily driving sedan ultra lows in the rear and super lows in the front was the perfect setup. The rears part number was KHRL-46SL HD, Hope this helps.
Mate that answers every question I have, thank you so much! Ok random question, my ute is the standard model, with the ugly bumper, are all Vz bumpers (calais, berlina, s / ss) interchangeable with mine, thats all, thank you heaps! :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You are stuck with your eternally practical rear bumper.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I think he was referring to the front bumpers with an exec front, so yeah a Calais or SS/SV6 bumper is interchangeable.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you’re lucky, the fog light wiring will already be there. Just needs a headlight switch from the appropriate model that pulls out for fog lights. Then a relay to plug in under the bonnet.

Calais bumper is my fav. Or Berlina.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Troy on here years ago had a VZ with a Calais front, looked bloody good and different.