Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ute wiring cab brake light, anyone done this?

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hello all,

So I picked myself up a cheap cab brake light off ebay including led globe. ($90 from mem) I have pulled off the old strip where the light will sit to see if i have existing wires but no such luck! Got a rubber grommet there though where i assume your meant to run the wires.

My questions are:

Where do i run the wires?

How do i run them?

And anyone have a how to for this?

Cheers all.

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
i did this in my Vu the other day, i was under the same impression that the wires would be there but no such luck!

Remove your interior light, And the drivers side trims where the seatbelt hides, and the scuff plate trim, basically the driverside trims, you will see a loom on the floor running to the back of the car, i think its an 12 pin plug,

one of the wires is the brake light Power wire, it wont have anything comming out of the other side of the plug, so a wire will go in and no wire will come out the other end,

you will need a multimeter or a test lamp to check the correct one, i dont know how similar the VZ > VU is,

anyway, connect that wire somehow to a new wire and run it up to your light make sure its the positive wire, and for the other one, Just a short bit of wire with a "=O" <style connector and when you put your interior light back in put one of the mounting screws threw that connector, and that will be your neutral.

ill try and get some photos today!