Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz v6 ute problems please help :(

BennyBruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 S pack ute
my 06 vz ute has just hit 130,000kms. i have noticed in the last week when i get up to about 3 k rpm it wont go any harder no matter how much i give it doesnt happen in 1st or 2nd gear but you will be cruising along and when it hits 3k rpm it just sits on that rpm. help please?!?!
p.s it doesnt happen all the time but is painful.
cheers benny

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I've heard of this issue due to fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator but maybe start with fuel filter and some 98 oc see how that goes could be blocked cats or dirty air cleaner
Does the car start fine and idle good?
I'm not a mechanic so someone may be able to corect me

BennyBruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 S pack ute
yeah i only every run 98, and fuel filter was done 10,000 ago. could be cats as they are still standard. its fine on start ups but could possibly be fuel pump. hope its nothing to serious i know the plugs are due could it possibly be them ?

Jawed

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 vx equipe v6
1. Make sure engine is at operating temperature (above 80 degrees)
2. Turn off the ignition.

3. Remove the engine management fuse (it's a 10amp fuse, F31. It's probably labelled "BCM" on the diagram).

4. Turn the ignition on. Do NOT try to crank the engine over, just turn it on and wait. After 20-30 seconds you should hear the dash make a chiming sound.

5. Replace the BCM fuse.

6. Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes to let it relearn idle settings

BennyBruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 S pack ute
Thanks for your help jawed, i am pretty new to this but would doing this fix it when the problem isnt at idle its in 3rd -4th gear on about 3000 rpm and it just sits on 3000 wont go any higher unless i got down a gear... and ill try it now, see if it does fix, Cheers again