Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W310 vs KPM Streetfighter packages

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Hi guys
After looking at the advice on the forums I'm pretty keen to go with one of the street fighter packages. I note that pro auto are the ones to go for in WA for this brand.

Has anyone got any experience with pro auto or with any of the street fighter packages since the last thread post in May?

Cheers

Street Fighter...ummmmm!......any one know how to turn a VF SV6 Auto into a Street Fighter....it goes like the bat out of hell now stock standard....and all legal....cannot see the justification of getting the moths out of your wallet...just a thought....anyway the re-sale value will be worth peanuts....as I would not touch a modified vehicle with a wooden spoon ....as you know it would of been thrashed.

Middlestump

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Street Fighter...ummmmm!......any one know how to turn a VF SV6 Auto into a Street Fighter....it goes like the bat out of hell now stock standard....and all legal....cannot see the justification of getting the moths out of your wallet...just a thought....anyway the re-sale value will be worth peanuts....as I would not touch a modified vehicle with a wooden spoon ....as you know it would of been thrashed.

Hi BHP steel,

Thanks for the response but the wheels are a VF SS auto and not a SV6 which hopefully make my query make more sense!

I understand the issue wrt resale but that's not a concern :)

Cheers

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Hi BHP steel,

Thanks for the response but the wheels are a VF SS auto and not a SV6 which hopefully make my query make more sense!

I understand the issue wrt resale but that's not a concern :)

Cheers

Good Evening Middlestump,

Yes I know it is a V8...just a friendly comment to see if I could boost up my SV6...I know I cannot.... I would not outlay the money...as a post above said....you would be noticed by the boys in blue...there have been a number of vehicle's confiscated here with a heavy fine and the car tagged with a non-compliance sticker for a few months...saw a police man at the back of ute the other day taking pickies of the exhaust...now the town is becoming quieter and more peaceful.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Anyone in QLD used the Tekno Performance packages? I've been offered a Tekno 350 pack at a pretty awesome price through work.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What sort of good price? Tekno seem to be fairly good from what I've read, they seem to go whole hog with most of their promo cars which can't be bad. It looks like a Full exhaust/CAI (not OTR) and a tune with a some cosmetic dress ups. If you're not fussed about the cosmetic bits compare it to what could be achieved elsewhere for the same amount of coin.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I can't disclose pricing (trade rates) but it's WELL short of what the WP310 pack costs us (also trade rates). It's just the power pack so doesn't come with the stickers and what-not unless I spec it. Probably spec the ceramic coated headers and the OTR infill panels.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Fair enough there, but to be fair the 310 pack is hideously overpriced too. If its comparable enough to an 'independent' tuner price then go for it. Yet to hear anything bad about them.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
If your worried about warranty I guess each package will cover. I think your decision comes down to exhaust note, difillipoaka walkinshaw or KPM. Never heard KPM so cant comment, ive heard Diffiliipo and honestly Manta sound better.

Scott ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss ute
If I were you I would get the 2.5 kpm catback, fit it yourself and then take the car to a good tuner for a tune and a otr cai. That's what I did with my ute and couldn't be happier with the results

Rothel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I have an SSV redline, KPM 3 inch and OTR (had the same on my VE) with the addition of a cam package (not KPM cam) and it's pulling 332 kw at the wheels.

I did a lot of research and decided on the KPM, it's a better product imo and sounds a whole lot better than the walkinshaw system.

3 inch KPM exhaust VE SS - YouTube
W310 Exhaust Noise - YouTube
KPM 3 Inch with Cam

Last edited: