Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wade 992a with boost?

cracker

Reaction score
just wondering how this cam is likely to react with my set up, iv got log manifolds, 9.0.1 comp, mild heads, gt35/40, 600x300 cooler and looking to run around 12-14psi just wonder whats its likely to be like iv also got a stock stall and 3.08 gears, with my old turbo set up it felt quite flat off the line and boost took awhile to come on, compared to stock cam jumps off the line getting rpm fast then boost comes on faster, iv just got the cam kicking around under my bed just wonder what people think, is it likely to produce much more power over the stock cam due to its higher end breathing cabacity? or am i better of with a stock cam cheers these are the specs on the cam bellow

Lobe Lift Ex .295 In .295

Timing Ad
Open Close 69-27 25-71

Duration @.050 214 214

Valve Lift .472 .472

Lobe Seperation 112

and this is the comment they have on it - Good idle, low to midrange
power increase, needs chip

thanks tom

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
youll probably need a stally mate.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
dont bother putting the wade 992 in if youre turbo youll just end up blowing all the fuel air mix out the exhaust valve before it can shut due to the longer duration of the valve events ive tested this cam with turbo setup on the latest version of dynosim engine simulation the stock cam worked quite well far better than the wade 992 or get a custom grind done with the turbo buick specs

cracker

Reaction score
didnt think the duration would effect it, just the lobe seperation i was told, which is close to factory, havent put it in anyway cant be ****ed.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it's a comination of both, although the lobe seperation is similar to factory the increased duration means that the intake/exhaust overlap is greater. not ideal for FI