Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanted - faulty V8 ingnition trigger modules / boxes

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day all.

I'm after a few broken / faulty / knackered 5 litre ignition control boxes. These are renowned for failing, so there should be plenty out there... ;)

(I had one fail myself some little while ago, but at the time had no option but an exchange with a working unit from a wrecker... Don't know why he insisted on exchange - as far as I know they threw the old one in the bin....) :rant:

I'm talking about the little silver/grey box with the fins on top, which is normally mounted to the passenger side inner guard. (NOT the earlier version which was integrated into the dizzy - don't want them thanks...)

I'll pay you a sensible amount for a broken one if you have it - better a few bucks in your pocket than collecting dust in your shed! :D

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Hmm, and what do you want these for greg? :p

Ive got a spare one, but working and I might need it. But let us know what your doing to them and i can let you muck around with it if you want?

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
LOL!! Thanks Mischa - just want to see if I can improve the protection to make 'em a little more reliable.... I wouldn't want to mess with working ones though. ;)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
find some new transistors to suit and start rebuilding :D some die due to the transistor dieing others just have dry solder joints and are fixable for nothing

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
cant help ya either.... mine was on an exchange basis too mate.. i guess thats why they do an exchange they must be pretty simple to fix