Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting to do up a low km buick v6!

VNAer0HDT

Bricky - We lay You pay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
just wonderin what are some of the basic and high priced mods out there to get some kick out of a v6.
cause i want to keep my car as my daily but still be good. while i buy my silvia s13 as ma track car.
ive searched for a few things including-

Extractors
2.5in exhaust W/ twin tip
70mm Throttle Body (Bored & Polished)
Stage 2 Shift Kit
LSD Diff W/ 3.9 Gears

Can i buy a CAI enclosure and also attach a CAI system to it.. or is it 1 or the other and if so whats mroe of an increase?

Stock_Vn_Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
High Flow injectors and mabye bore it out?

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
nah dont bother with injectors. stock ones are rated at 36bhp each x by 6 = 216bhp.
you can add high ratio rockers to your list. that will be the bigger single increase mod out of all the others you have there.
Oh you will need a tune to calibrate the ecu to all your mods to make it actually work decent.

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
SC14 charger? can usally get kitted up for a grand. If you run small boost, you can still get a considerable increrase without having to intercool and upgrade your injectors.

VNAer0HDT

Bricky - We lay You pay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
were could i find a SC14 Kit and what intercooler and injectors would u reccomend for it?
would i need other stuff in my engine to make it run nicely?

VNAer0HDT

Bricky - We lay You pay
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
what power would i expect out of -

70mm Throttle Body
2.5in Catback Exhaust System
Pacemaker Extractors
1.9:1 High Ratio Rocker Arms
Cold Air Intake System
LSD Diff W/ 3.9 Gears
Tuned

Whats some major increases i can get out of a V6 buick without having to engineer a SC or Turbo.

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
You will have to do a bit of searching aorund the forum to find accurate information as im not sure. I know that you can run low boost. and still get a considerable gain, then later on change to a smaller pulley which will up the boost. when doing this you should have bigger injectors (exact size im not sure) and intercooler, depending on how much extra your going you should have some internal mods done, as theres alot more pressure being put on the internals.

I only know a little, looked into a while back. If you do a bit of searching you will find what you need, or better yet talk to somebody who has done it.