Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

**WARNING** VZ V6 Owners

jimijack003

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Raptor centrifugal supercharged LE0 400bhp

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The specific hole size is the very thing that creates the airflow/pull/vacuum at a measured rate.

The PCV mod has long been poo pooed by many as not working and the reason is because they have randomly drilled the holes bigger and it’s not worked how it should.

Catch can or no catch can, it works the same. That method is the same method accepted throughout the US, it the same method long used here on the forum. It’s the same specific hole size that GM used globally on these engines later in production. VF2 had a PCV matched to this mod.

The closest thing I can find to how this works is it being a Tesla valve.

jimijack003

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been using this method for 10 years with and without supercharger my engines are clean as a whistle open oil cap and shiny metal gleams out I don't see that very often 4 Holden's we have at home 2 ly7 1 leo 1 llt cars run smooth strong only vehicle that rattles on start up llt was owned by another owner for 4 years this car we haven't done pcv because series 2 ve they started to fix problem again I only use nylon 5w/30 fast flow and a touch of engine honey oil stabiliser to keep parts coated

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE did not have the problem fixed. The revised PCV was not introduced until late VF.

jimijack003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE did not have the problem fixed. The revised PCV was not introduced until late VF.
Just seen post ok ve sv6 series 2 2012 pulled off covers before on both sides driver side had a rubber gasket with few holes where pcv valve take crank case ventilation from looks like its to stop any sludge getting to pcv again problem is maintaining good oil and filter intervals of 5000km my son has 6.0l ls2 he use same intervals

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Is there any way to retrofit the updated PCV design on the VF's onto earlier Alloytecs?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there any way to retrofit the updated PCV design on the VF's onto earlier Alloytecs?
All that is needed is to use a new PCV from VF with bigger holes or modifying the valve to the specific size and it’s all ok. Works as it should. Problem solved. It’s that easy.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
All that is needed is to use a new PCV from VF with bigger holes or modifying the valve to the specific size and it’s all ok. Works as it should. Problem solved. It’s that easy.
Okay thanks, does the sludge problem affect every Alloytec pre VF2, including 3 litre and LPG?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay thanks, does the sludge problem affect every Alloytec pre VF2, including 3 litre and LPG?
Yes. More importantly they need more regular oil changes than Holden suggested (5000-7500) and that alone makes a huge difference.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The specific hole size is the very thing that creates the airflow/pull/vacuum at a measured rate.

The PCV mod has long been poo pooed by many as not working and the reason is because they have randomly drilled the holes bigger and it’s not worked how it should.

Catch can or no catch can, it works the same. That method is the same method accepted throughout the US, it the same method long used here on the forum. It’s the same specific hole size that GM used globally on these engines later in production. VF2 had a PCV matched to this mod.

The closest thing I can find to how this works is it being a Tesla valve.

Fu, I'm not sure on this but I thought the vacuum came from the manifold if I'm not mistaken.