Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was the Blue Beast is now closer to the Blue Pig

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
So after the wheel bearing collapsed the number of issues related and unrelated have mounted up - I was so desperate to get ridf of but then realized I couldnt pass it on to someone else knowing the issues but also there was something that kept pulling me back so the latest list of "opportunities"

2 of the wheels (rims, alloy's, mags whatever) are buggered and not repairable - damn its hard finding replacements so much so that I had to fund replacing all 4 so put 235/40/18's on matching HSV rims (I think from a Senator) - looks a little odd but not terrible no idea when or if I will find any 19x8j HSV ones :-(

The brake rotors while stamped HSV are a little odd - The rears are slotted or grooved where as the fronts are just plain - dont know if this is normal or not , also it doesnt stop as well as it should (in my mind) - When looking at alternatives theres bugger all choice looks like it will have to be DBA rotors and pads but it will take nearly 4 weeks to get them :-(

Getting weird electrical issues with dash messages like immobiliser failure or apply handbrake when the car is either first started or stopped .....

Do I qualify as a close second to Paul W and his issues ?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Stick with it if you can, if the car still gives you a grin from ear to ear.

It's always disheartening when issues arise. Only you know if you can work through them and come out out other side, time, money, headfk.

If you do sell, be up front with them, it'll be used as bargaining so stand your ground but don't expect the earth.

Good luck either way

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So after the wheel bearing collapsed the number of issues related and unrelated have mounted up - I was so desperate to get ridf of but then realized I couldnt pass it on to someone else knowing the issues but also there was something that kept pulling me back so the latest list of "opportunities"

2 of the wheels (rims, alloy's, mags whatever) are buggered and not repairable - damn its hard finding replacements so much so that I had to fund replacing all 4 so put 235/40/18's on matching HSV rims (I think from a Senator) - looks a little odd but not terrible no idea when or if I will find any 19x8j HSV ones :-(

The brake rotors while stamped HSV are a little odd - The rears are slotted or grooved where as the fronts are just plain - dont know if this is normal or not , also it doesnt stop as well as it should (in my mind) - When looking at alternatives theres bugger all choice looks like it will have to be DBA rotors and pads but it will take nearly 4 weeks to get them :-(

Getting weird electrical issues with dash messages like immobiliser failure or apply handbrake when the car is either first started or stopped .....

Do I qualify as a close second to Paul W and his issues ?

Definately close to Paul W....When you start repairing, you might come closer to Losh.... :)

Best of luck with the repairs

Shall move on whilst I am capable....:D

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I couldnt pass it on to someone else knowing the issues
Kudos! Although I have done sh1t like that myself, but far worse:(

The ‘Karma Kumback’ always gets ya tho!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Get the basics sorted. Good voltage. Healthy battery. Clean earths everywhere.