Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water and/or condensation in boot...

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
all my commodores have had same prob

W

wayne66

Check the area around the Logo on the bootlid...

My VS had a leaky boot also - a couple of months back I replaced the boot struts as the others had worn out.
Whilst sitting in the boot and looking up, I noticed some water marks around the area where the Holden badge clips into the bootlid.
After sealing around the two "plugs" that snap into the bootlid with silicone, my leaking boot problems have finally been solved.

Hope this helps.

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Thanks guys. That's a few things to think about. It pissed rain all night last night and consequently my boot is "full" of water. The spare wheel arch is full and the carpet is dripping. I got my friend to get in there on the weekend and I hosed all around it with nothing happening. F**k it's frustrating! Are the gaskets the seals that go around the tail-lights that sandwich between the lights and the panel/body?

I also wanna know how to unclip the carpet (cause I have a Berlina) so I can take it out and have a better look. When I open the boot directly on top (the lip) there are small rubber stud-type things holding the carpet to the body. Do they simply pull straight up? I don't wanna bust them. Thanks again.

volotre

Reaction score
Members Ride
As often as possible
Had the leaky light thing on my vr for a while. New seals and all still didn't fix it so I ended up doing the black duct tape bit over the joins where the lights meet the body, not pretty but I've had a dry boot for 2 years now.

VL Soldier

The rims maketh the ride!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'87 VL Exec & '95 VS Berlina
Okay, I took the garnish that sits between the tail-lights off last weekend and ran a bead of silicone around the top before fixing back on. FIXED!!! I can't believe so much water was coming in through those tiny holes. We've had a fair bit of rain since then and I haven't noticed a drop in the boot. Now, on to the next problem...

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i had the same problem and sealed the left tail light in with silicone and so far been good no leaks. My spare wheel well used to fill up with water also, and rust started to happen, i have treated it, hopefully its fixed that up, but damn the bootleak was a bitch!! and the smell!!!