Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water coming out of exhaust!! need help

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
samuels said:
they change the octane rating twice a a year,they change it for summer and winter

What the...? You sure they change the RON? I know in alpine areas they have a winter mix and a summer mix (ie, ski resorts), but I didn't think anything changed in the normal servos.

mattis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Commodore
Yeah i didnt think it was normal about the fan thing anyway, i still have to get it checked properly though, um with the whole condensation thing it doesnt matter how long i've been driving for or what time of the day it still comes out thats why i thought it wasns that. and by the looks of it it looks like water and it doesnt semll like fuel, but i am definitely losing water as i always check the overflow bottle now and its always lower everytime i drive. well when you rev it a bit sitting there i check the exhaust and it just looks like its spraying, but the fact is it still does it anytime, like i mean driving around in this heat and how i drive there shouldn't really be any condensation in the muffler left, so i dont know.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
mouce said:
What the...? You sure they change the RON? I know in alpine areas they have a winter mix and a summer mix (ie, ski resorts), but I didn't think anything changed in the normal servos.

yes they change it twice a year...depending on where you are...QLD, they may reduce it a little,SYD and the places like that i dare say adjusted twice yearly,as for NTRN TERRTY i couldn't honestly answer that,definately change it in tassie.
i don't know if you have ever noticed,more so in older vehichles,just into summer they ping their heads off,thats an indication of the octane rating change.
next time you go to your regular servo.....ask them,you might be surprised :)

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
mattis96 said:
Yeah i didnt think it was normal about the fan thing anyway, i still have to get it checked properly though, um with the whole condensation thing it doesnt matter how long i've been driving for or what time of the day it still comes out thats why i thought it wasns that. and by the looks of it it looks like water and it doesnt semll like fuel, but i am definitely losing water as i always check the overflow bottle now and its always lower everytime i drive. well when you rev it a bit sitting there i check the exhaust and it just looks like its spraying, but the fact is it still does it anytime, like i mean driving around in this heat and how i drive there shouldn't really be any condensation in the muffler left, so i dont know.

like i said before take your plugs out,if any of them have a greenish tinge on them,it's a good indication of a blown head gasket,but remember which plug hole it came out of.
sounds like.as people have said,you may possibly have a crack,i'd say possibly between the valves..I.E. exhaust valve OR between water jacket and piston.
worse case scenario is cracked block/head(s)