Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water drains straight into sump. 08 ve commodore

Rob450

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Also I forgot to mention as well as coolent getting into the sump, there's also coolent dripping out of the exhaust mid way along.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Well. That’s not good.
That would indicate coolant getting into an exhaust valve. That would suggest a head gasket.

This is not a great development.

I’d start shopping around for a second hand motor.

I’d also be shopping around for replacement cats because with that much coolant going through them, they’d likely be rooted.

Rob450

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Well. That’s not good.
That would indicate coolant getting into an exhaust valve. That would suggest a head gasket.

This is not a great development.

I’d start shopping around for a second hand motor.

I’d also be shopping around for replacement cats because with that much coolant going through them, they’d likely be rooted.
IV got another motor lined up, it's in another 08 ve with a blown up auto gearbox, can I bolt that motor straight up to my 6 speed manual box and swap over the loom and all the electrics, or will I have to get a machnic to put it on the computer and reprogram it. (If that makes sense). Or what exactly do I have to do to put the different motor in

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It shouldn’t matter on V6. Just bolt it up. If I’m wrong, someone will correct me in minutes.

Reuse your old computer and wiring harness.

Keep the other one for spares. I’d hang on to the old motor too.
Rat it for sensors. Bag and tag them all for spares.

Use the old motor to practice dismantling and reassembling. Also for spare heads etc.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
IV got another motor lined up, it's in another 08 ve with a blown up auto gearbox, can I bolt that motor straight up to my 6 speed manual box and swap over the loom and all the electrics, or will I have to get a machnic to put it on the computer and reprogram it. (If that makes sense). Or what exactly do I have to do to put the different motor in

I wouldn't be touching the motor with the blown auto behind it.

How did the auto get that bad? Not serviced properly or ever?

That could indicate that the V6 may have received the same treatment.

You want a good motor to transplant into your car, not one that might be gunked up, abused and on its last legs.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
there is a oring that is inside of the timing case if that leaks it go into the sump this the complete oring kit
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
No ****

Edit: my super helpful reply like earlier