Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water in oil, not head gasket though...

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
sometime's the brown gunk is from the pellet's that go with the coolant!! (V6 only)

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
Generally id say you need to flush your cooling system.

Happy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Executive S2 3.8 Ecotec
If it was the rear main seal there would be coolant in the engine making the oil a creamy colour.

The trans cooler line has preasure in it allowing oil into the radiator without allowing coolant into the transmission.

Its fairly common if the car has been constantly in economy mode then driven in power mode then switched back to economy.

An easy temp fix is to use some transmission stopleak and/or radiator stopleak to seal the leak within.

Ozzie.....Does a session in power mode damage the pipe or just pressurise trans oil through an existing crack?

86VL5spd

Repn RB 20-10
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
It will more likely be valley cover gasket mate, slight creamy brown build up, trans cooler leaks r more pinkie sluge if trans oils not cookd, but the amount of valleys i do at work my moneys on your valley cover gaskets, not hard to do, valley off, you go buy a valley kit from a parts place slap back to get after a good clean and buzzed gasket surfaces up

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Ozzie.....Does a session in power mode damage the pipe or just pressurise trans oil through an existing crack?

Economy mode preasurises the pipe causing it to split. It will let oil out but wont let coolant in.

I drive in power mode 100% of the time now. If I put it into economy mode not only will i lose alot of power but i will get oil in the radiator. And I never get coolant in the transmission.

whstatesman2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 6 Wh Statesman
hey guys ive got the same sort of problem. i have some sludge built up under the cap and in the overflow bottle dipstick there is a ring of oil on it. the oil looks like enging oil. no water or coolant in the engine though.
any ideas where it could be coming from?
cheers

86VL5spd

Repn RB 20-10
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Valley cover.....

hey guys ive got the same sort of problem. i have some sludge built up under the cap and in the overflow bottle dipstick there is a ring of oil on it. the oil looks like enging oil. no water or coolant in the engine though.
any ideas where it could be coming from?
cheers

Itl be your valley cover gaskets are gone, common Ecotech problem, what doesnt leak on em!

overflow bottle dip sticks are always covered in brown muddy crap, its what holdens use to use stupid anit leak brown tablets, nothnig to worrie bout there, just coom as dog sh*t valley cover gaskey leak, oil makes its way in coolant galls under inlet manfold.

not to hard to replace the gasket kits, i do em all tha time as homies at home, easy quick $$$

JST-23Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
transmission oil leaking into the radiator from the oil cooler

whstatesman2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 6 Wh Statesman
under the radiatior cap there is brown muddy crap like sludge. but in the overflow bottle on the end of the dipstick there is a ring on eng oil on it?

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
is it an easy job to change the valley cover gaskets? there seems to be a **** load of stuff in the way , i reckon ill put something on in the wrong way ?