Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water problems........

VT GTS154

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTS S1
I HAVE A VT GTS SER1 WITH THE 355 STROKER I HAVE WATER [COOLENT] FLOWING OUT THE BACK OF THE BLOCK AS I CAN NOT SEE THE LEAK I AM STARTING TO THINK IT IS THE WELSH PLUGS OR HEAD GASKET ANY IDEAS WHAT ELSE IT COULD BE AS SHE RUNS WELL IF I COULD JUST KEEP FLUID IN HER.:hmmm:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
While it may be dripping from the rear it could easily be the water pump leaking then running along the block, I have had that before.
Whatever you do don't use Glycol, it leaks out head gaskets and radiator hoses as well as welch plugs, I found out the hard way with a ######## mechanic.
You probably already know but to check welch plugs you need to have the car on ramps or hoist to look from underneath.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
There really is no need to shout at us (typing in caps is considered shouting)

vxcustom

VXXX
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 executive
Is she overheating whilst there is coolant in her?..........any sign of smoke out the exhaust?.............sounds like it could be a welsh plug. Ive tested welsh plugs before by putting a radiator pressure tester on the radiator.......pump pressure into the system and you should see it dribbling or squirting from the affected area(s)