Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WaTs ThIs WorLd CoMiN To ???? Pt 2

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Frd_thmsn said:
Not much has changed over the years. 30 years ago P platers got stopped and were targetted. As most of my mates were hoons in EH holdens or HG panelvans we would be stopped often.

It's just a fact of life , The only difference is that now all you P platers have this and other forums to complain to, back then we didn't have a forum so not many people heard about it. It just seems to you to be happening more often , because you can reach more people and it is in the media more.

Just do your time , drive sensibly and before you know it you'll be off your P's.

The incidence of police targetting P platers is not higher, the public awareness of it is.

That's a fairly valid point, my old man keeps telling me about how often he used to get pulled over, so it's nothing new. All the old farts at work complain about how the cops used to hassle them too.

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
:D yea guess so ? neways least this calmed down a bit neways people nice talkin :D

F

Frd_thmsn

mr_l_commodore said:
:D yea guess so ? neways least this calmed down a bit neways people nice talkin :D

Lol ,
You won't find me putting you down for anything you may have done.
Life is a learning experience and I'm sure that most of the folks having a go at you have done something stupid in their driving history.

Problem with todays society is we are all made to feel guilty for something,
blood on the streets, speeding , state of the economy. With all this constant media bombardment it is only natural that a lot of people start accepting the standards and political correctness that is thrust upon them.It is now at the point where a generic term "speed kills" is a standard. Speed is a relative thing, 5 km/h is speed. It should be "inappropriate speed in inappropriate circumstances performed by untrained drivers has the possibility of killing"
But that doesn't sound so catchy and is too hard to say :)

Yes I am opposed to political correctness, it seems to me to pander to the narrow minded and is concerned mostly with "appearing to do the right thing".

You have the right to be responsible for your own actions and any consequences , and do NOT have to feel guilty because you do not meet other peoples expectations and standards.
If I choose to speed and I get caught , that is my problem, I chose that action and I accept the consequences.But I will NOT be made to feel guilty by anyone whether it is the courts , the police or forum members.
Being in control of your actions and consequences also put on you the responsibility of not impeding the rights of others.

Having said that, don't expect any sympathy from me for getting a caught :)
I think I went a bit off track in this post :)
Aplogies for this lengthy post.

Last edited by a moderator:

anfsvl

VPDRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 Holden Commodore VP SII EXEC
dude my mates one drives a lancer the other a commy both had the car impounded n both in the slamer for a nite or 2 not going in to more detail...do u kno to this day the commy is stock n the lancer is off its tits...n the commy is the onli one to be pulled up.... y u may say onli because the lancer is a rice burner n thts all it is used for thts y japs drive em cos the cook there lunch whilst driving n the commy was designed to have power n grunt n us fuks use too much foot at the rong time n get fuked ova for it...the commy has more chance in losing the bak end thn a lancer...like i drive my sis car front wheel n to do a u turn i use the hand brake but in the commy i did it once i did more thn a u turn ill tell u kno so forget about the lancer if u think thts not fair get a lancer n forget about geting pulled up...n if u r just crusing in ur commy n u gett pulled up jsut talk n justify wit them thts all...n if u recon ur crusin n ur getting dun for speeding check ur speedo...it may be out

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Frd_thmsn said:
Lol ,
You have the right to be responsible for your own actions and any consequences , and do NOT have to feel guilty because you do not meet other peoples expectations and standards.
If I choose to speed and I get caught , that is my problem, I chose that action and I accept the consequences.But I will NOT be made to feel guilty by anyone whether it is the courts , the police or forum members.
Being in control of your actions and consequences also put on you the responsibility of not impeding the rights of others.

:thumbsup: :bow: :thumbsup:

:air: :driving: :flame:

:whistling