Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wattos impulse Vz Maloo r8

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
Howdy been on the forum for a little while just didn't have the net for ages after moving outta home. Thought i might post up a few pics. It's a 2006 Vz Maloo r8 manual that I have had now for two months, I bought it from Melbourne with only 28k on it.
Mods are- lowered

So a blank canvas.

Short term Plans- custom made exhaust comin soon (tax)
- otrcai, unsure what one yet thinking an alloy vcm model... Inputs on what these kits are like could help with decision. Would love the dus kit but they are a bit pricier. (tax and bonus)
- custom mafless tune (hopefully a combination of tax, bonus and back pay owed to me from work.)

All going well Should hopefully be done within a few months.
Any way here is just a few pics

ca514587-8652-01a6.jpg

ca514587-869d-5a89.jpg

Last edited:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Very clean mate and awesome KM. Barely run in haha!

Best colour too! ;)

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey mate,

Looks good, nice and clean. Should get a nice little amount of power with those future mods.

You got any pics with the wheels and showing the stance of it??

If you get a chance of got a ute, check it out and tell me what you think.

ZOMBIE

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
the front end on these are amazing...the tail end haha, looks pretty average however mate to pick up such a nice car in awesome nick with only 28,000 on the clock, unreal! great purchase, i just want one.

look forward to the mods too mate!

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
Forgot to say that it has 19" Vz senator rims, gm rip shifter and ridiculous tex z grip hd clutch which I don't really like but oh well.
I had to raise it when I brought it over from Vic to get It passed so the only pics I have on my phone that are side on is at it's raised height so will have to take some more tomorrow so you can see stance etc. This is the only pic I have at the moment.
cb14236a-cb56-2ea6.jpg

Cheers for the comments yeah I'm heaps happy with it and the super low kms are great like you said barely run in.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
mad looking ute bro. and the colour.....cant get enuf of it. how are the gears with the ripshifter?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Great find, like jesterarts car its an awesome looking blue, suits the clubby and R8's.
If you are only going with minor mods have you considered a mail order tune.
I fitted a Dus otr and had a Oztrack mail order tune fitted and car went really well, after about 6 months I got Steve from Oztrack to upgrade the tune on the dyno and only gained 4.4 rwkw over his mail order tune, which shows how good his mail order tune was in the first place.

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
Great find, like jesterarts car its an awesome looking blue, suits the clubby and R8's. have you considered a mail order tune.

Yeah cheers was a garaged car for it's whole life before I got it barely driven until now as it's my daily. I did look at a mail order tune but decided against it coz as far as tuning I would rather get it done then try doing it myself.