Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WB Ute, Injected 5 litre Project.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Love what you've done with it mate, can't wait to see it all finished.

Great choice to go with the HZ front and taillights, they look so much better IMO. (especially if you get the Premier grille, not the stato one).

And those door trims are quite tasteful too, I almost always hate any door trims on HQ-WBs that aren't factory ones, however I quite like your ones.

keep up the good work.

smartie

Reaction score
lovely looking ute mate , hows it all going now any more pics or updates

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Looks awesome!

Couple of questions though as I'm involved in something similiar.

How did you go about the EFI setup and the computer?
And did you need custom headers?

That HZ front looks slick, but they are sooo hard to find!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Looks awesome!

Couple of questions though as I'm involved in something similiar.

How did you go about the EFI setup and the computer?
And did you need custom headers?

That HZ front looks slick, but they are sooo hard to find!

EFI set up is quiet easy really, i just modified the harness and put all the relays under the dash. Computer is stock VN commodore.

Headers are standard VN Commodore tubular style headers, all you have to do is move the 02 sensor as in the standard location its hits on the lower control arm mount. I just welded up the hole, and welded a new bung in where i needed it and thats it. The Y piece is modified VN commodore, then just a 2.5" single system dumped at the diff.

was this car for sale before the respray

No it wasn't for sale.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update:

Done quiet a few things as of late.

Fitted a new black vinyl roof liner (what a painful job) you guys have it easy with Commodores.

Had a windscreen fitted this week, so i have polished up and fitted all the windscreen moulds.

I also painted all inside the plenum chamber with black killrust paint as it was looking a bit taddy inside there, also to keep the nasty rust worms away.

Fitted the wiper mechanisams, and the washer jets and also polished the windscreen wiper and fitted them and the scuttle grille.

Fitted the rear window, just waiting on a chrome lock strip to come from Rare Spares to finish that off. (i can finally wash it, without filling the cabin with water )

Painted and fitted the wiper motor & heater box. So pretty much everything works now.

Made & covered the front footwell kick panels in black vinyl aswell (same as the roof liner).

I've also sanded the wheels & picked up a few nicks in the bands i had fitted as they were pretty nasty for new rims....They will be getting primed this weekend & painted next weekend when my brother comes down, then they can be fitted.

Done a few other little bits & pieces, but thats pretty much all the big stuff.

Hoping to have it ready for rego pretty soon....

Attachments

• utefront.jpg
    utefront.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,720
  • ute windscreen1.jpg
    ute windscreen1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,195
  • ute windscreen'.jpg
    ute windscreen'.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,217
  • ute engine.jpg
    ute engine.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3,459

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Umm, you can buy them off Ebay i think. However, i had a mates wife sew one up from an original roof liner. I just went and bought the vinyl from spotlight, it was about $40 but that gave me heaps left over to do stuff like the kick panels. Anyone handy with a sewing machine would be able to knock you one up.

You can get them out without wrecking them but you have to be very careful. I stuffed the one up i pulled out of a wreck, hence why i got a new one made (it was the wrong colour aswell...) but it was still good enough for a template though.

I'll get some pics tomorrow if you like.