Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

weird electrical problem all of a sudden...

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
so i went out to do the final checks on the car (vt v6) and as i was checking the lights i turned on the parkers and made the dvd player cut out with the warning that its unsafe to play while driving (never had that problem before), then after switching to headlights all the dash warning lights went off and so did the airbag chime (only happened once tho)..... any ideas what could be causing any of this?... i dont want to get down the road somewhere on the 1000k trip and have an electrical issue....

any advice would be great

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
HI mate..
try re setting your ECU

unplug your battery push your break pedal to full indicate left n right then plug it back on..
start it.. run it for 5 mins and if you are still having this weird issue check all your earth points etc.. i really do not think its a issue

Just double check everything on your car

Cheers

Would not hurt to possibly check your error codes before you take the battery off to see if anything is running weirdly

Cheers

Steve

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
hey steve. thanks for that mate. first thing i thought was checking codes and all im getting is 12... ill try resetting the ecu and see what happens..

cheers mate