Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are the best Driving / Racing games ?

dozenmatta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sedan Barbados Mica Blue
You guys think your so retro, yet you're all noobs, Revs on the C64 :)

Hey but i do remember playing the elevator game with the robots and loading the game from a cassette tape!

HSV.006

Apprentice Mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman. CSV strada 5000i.
need for speed 1 and 2.. taking it back to the old school

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hey but i do remember playing the elevator game with the robots and loading the game from a cassette tape!

Another visitor, Stay a while...... STAY FOREVER!!!!! :p

Of course man, Impossilbe mission, it was a bit impossible too, lol very hard game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEpNx2qde3Q&feature=related

Memories for you ^, the youngies probably wont realise just was a technical feat it was to put speach in a 64k game on a 8 bit 1mhz cpu :), This html page is 3 times the size of that entire game (new stuff is as hopeless as a Chinese bolt)

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Stunts FTW on a 486.

I used to like how you could get top speed in the F1 car - go over a hill at close to top speed and all of a sudden it would go nuts.

Another one I remember playing was an old Indy 500 game, you had to get a question right before the game would start. Once I did the entire 500 lap race, and I was on the last lap and someone came up behind me with one lap to go and forced me into the wall, busting my front right hand tyre. The keyboard was sent across the room on that occasion :p

Test Drive Unlimited isn't bad as well.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
stunts was an awesome game, there was an old nascar game i used to have as pretty fun

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
have to say that grand turismo is my pick, but i'll always have a soft spot for the first nfs games.

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
DAYTONA!!! now thats an all time fav.
should organize a daytona tournament! ill kick ya'll buts!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Stunts FTW on a 486.

I used to like how you could get top speed in the F1 car - go over a hill at close to top speed and all of a sudden it would go nuts.

Another one I remember playing was an old Indy 500 game, you had to get a question right before the game would start. Once I did the entire 500 lap race, and I was on the last lap and someone came up behind me with one lap to go and forced me into the wall, busting my front right hand tyre. The keyboard was sent across the room on that occasion :p

Test Drive Unlimited isn't bad as well.

My mate and I used to play Indy 500 and really late at night it got so hard to drive it that we would say OK no one can go home or sleep untill you complete one lap of the race without stacking (it used to take quite a while at 4am :p ). I never got anywhere near completing the full 200 laps. Might have got half way once or twice. I used to drive the Buick V6, how strange was that

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Geoff Crammonds GP 4. Nothing comes close to it. Best of all guys are still modding it today for current F1 seasons.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I played this the other day Minux, have been a fan from the first one, spent hours going around the tracks to get better times in my younger days.

GP4 was just too dated for me, they need Geoff back to make a new one :bow: