Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are VYs' wheel alignment settings? (toe, camber, caster, axis)

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
So i took my VY in for wheel alignment after changing the tie rods.

I was watching how they were doing it by laser and then just out of curiousity i went to the computer screen and i see that they were aligning my wheels to Chevy Taho's settings! WTF!

I asked the dude why its reading Chevy Taho and he's like "oh dont worry blah blah blah"... he was already done by then and unhooking the laser machines!

Anyway, i figure their aligning software doesnt have Commodores' settings.

Any idea what they are?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The vehicle on the screen doesn't mean much when doing the alignment. It's the actual wheel readings that matter. The technician probably knows what the VY's settings are and did them from memory. Some machines need a vehicle to be input to show the readings.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
As above ^
Such a common car, the aligner should know what to do. The castor isn't adjustable and front camber isn't adjustable, rear may be slightly. He would have just set the toe then taken camber out of the rear if possible. There's not much to adjust on a commodore.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
As above ^
Such a common car, the aligner should know what to do. The castor isn't adjustable and front camber isn't adjustable, rear may be slightly. He would have just set the toe then taken camber out of the rear if possible. There's not much to adjust on a commodore.

I wouldn't call in a common car in the UAE.

But agree with the rest.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The camber is adjustable, you loosen the two bolts holding the strut to the stub axle and adjust the small bolt just above the upper mounting bolt.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Ahh, didn't see where he was.

Abba: Very true, I don't often see it adjusted though, or at least not at the shops I've been to.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Wouldn't imagine you would need to adjust the front camber often unless you bash a gutter or something.