Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what cams??

Jcroz32

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy ss
hey guys, i recently bought a 2003 vy ss 5.7 ls1 manual. Im looking at doing some work on it but not sure where to start... I have 5k to spend on it at the moment so im thinking cams! im looking at a lumpy sound with a bit of power. It has 186xxx on the clock. It also has a growler air induction kit and a 3'' stainless difillippo exhaust system. I have read a couple of forums because I originally wanted to supercharge it but I don't have the funds and more people seem to start with cams... Im new to this and don't know much about motors but any feedback would be great! :)

Thanks

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
take it to a builder!
are u spending 5k just for a lumpy note??
do a little more research on cams ect.
have u checked out capa and raptor s/charger kits?? there not far off 5k andyoul gain more power from a charger than a cam
where in bris are ya??

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
Yeah youll get a cappa sq 2 supercharger for 5 grand run low boost , its safe and ya dont need intercooler. Ive added boost to a few standard motors in my time and as long as ya play safe they go good!! Add boost to the ls1 and itll go hard , to compare diff if ya doing burnouts and it holds second then add a lil boost this thing will bounce off limiter in top gear!! Makes for a fun car