Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Y

Is the Reserve Edition for Factory employees only or do dealership employees qualify as well?

I believe that it's only for GMH employees, but it could change

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
The series II seems way more expensive, my series I Manual redline sedan with towbar, mats and the usual crap was $51800.00 drive away and an additional $3800 for the Harrop 315 pack

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
The series II seems way more expensive, my series I Manual redline sedan with towbar, mats and the usual crap was $51800.00 drive away and an additional $3800 for the Harrop 315 pack

how soon after release did you buy it?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The series 2 is $1500 more expensive.
All else is about negotiation, availability, stock-levels, time after release, how long since the stock in question was built, etc.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
I had to order and wait for it to be built, took about 6 weeks. I purchased it during the 4 day sale June last year. 5 year Warranty, 5 year roadside and 3 years free servicing. My car is a July 2014 build

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
There's no bonuses at all on series 2's. Series 1's are getting some bonuses, plus most of them are cheaper at RRP, plus the reluctance of dealers to seriously discounted results in higher transaction prices.

On an Sv6 the difference is around $3,000. On other models it's more. Plus you don't get the free servicing offer.

If you really want one, unfortunately you'll have to pay. I can't see them discounting until January, and if it's anything like last year it will be $500 on 2015 plated cars.

We drove them around the race track today as part of our product training. The V8 sounds great, but the real world drive doesn't seem that much different to me. You don't get much noise in the cabin still, but they're bloody noisy outside of the car. The $1500 difference in RRP easily makes up for the cost of an exhaust, plus most of them have picked up extra features.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I had to order and wait for it to be built, took about 6 weeks. I purchased it during the 4 day sale June last year. 5 year Warranty, 5 year roadside and 3 years free servicing. My car is a July 2014 build

That's a bargain in my books!

Patriot

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Redline Tourer
Ive just purchased a ssv redline sedan for $59,000 I got paint protection interior protection window tinting dash and floor mats all for that i was pretty wraped. im in QLD

I pick up my redline auto sports wagon LS3 next Friday and I'm also in Qld, I paid $63,500.00 which included Nitrate, paint, interior and rust pack.