Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Trofius, the supply of wagons appears limited compared to the surplus of sedans, so you may not be able to get as sharp a deal. Also until you are ready to sign on the dotted line, you won't be given the best price.

Given the lack of sunroof/bose, have you considered the Black edition? It way be cheaper to option that up.

If your heart is set on a redline, search each dealers website individually and find a car in stock (may require a bit of a drive). Go in with credit card in hand a realistic price you are willing to pay. Tell them if they meet the price you will buy it there and then, if not thank them and move on to the next dealer. (Don't do this on a Saturday when they are busy).

If your price is achievable, they will sell you a car.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
I picked up mine from Castle Hill Holden. I went with the blacked out roof and lowered suspension option but no stickers or stripes..

Wait what? Lowered suspension option? What exactly is that?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
my16, plus hf 20, tow package, floor mats,

Negotiating with car dealers can drive you crazy. Keep in mind that dealers are very good at dealing - it's what they do for a living.

I ended up negotiating with one dealer for about 3 months. It was incredibly frustrating but I was slowly getting closer to the price I wanted. I checked with another dealer and they said that they couldn't match that price and suggested that I take the other dealers's offer. The second dealer showed me the 'invoice price' and said that they'd be losing money - crap.

In the end, I decided to drop in to yet another dealer on the way home from work late on Friday evening. I got there about 15 minutes before they close. One of the sales people asked what I was looking for so I told them - including all the options that I wanted (without telling them where I was at with the other dealers). After crunching the numbers, they presented me with the best price that I was at with the first dealer (and that price took 2-3 months). I said thanks for offering a sharp price and said that I'd seriously think about it and got up to leave. The dealer said he wanted to deal now so he agreed to knock off another $850 (I offered $58k OTR) and we had a deal. The deal only took ten minutes from walking in to that dealership for the first time to shaking hands on the deal. I found out later that I was dealing directly with the dealership sales manager so it cut out any of that 'I'll take this offer to the manager while you wait there' stuff.

Hang in there, keep trying and shop around. It certainly was a difficult process for me and very mentally taxing. I suspect that I could have got a better deal, but in the end I was pretty worn out with all the negotiating and really just wanted to buy a car. It was good to have the deal done and move on.

In early September I signed up for:

Redline wagon in white (factory order)
Front and rear mud flaps
Dust deflector for rear window
Floor mats f&r
Rigid cargo barrier
2100kg tow package
Headlight guards
Dealer to wire for electric brake controller

OTR $58,150 (Vic rego etc.)

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Trofius, the supply of wagons appears limited compared to the surplus of sedans, so you may not be able to get as sharp a deal. Also until you are ready to sign on the dotted line, you won't be given the best price.

Given the lack of sunroof/bose, have you considered the Black edition? It way be cheaper to option that up.

If your heart is set on a redline, search each dealers website individually and find a car in stock (may require a bit of a drive). Go in with credit card in hand a realistic price you are willing to pay. Tell them if they meet the price you will buy it there and then, if not thank them and move on to the next dealer. (Don't do this on a Saturday when they are busy).

If your price is achievable, they will sell you a car.

I found the best price after 3 months and 12 dealers, by doing it late on a Saturday afternoon at end of month...so I don't know about that.

Busy or not, a deal is a deal as long as the dealer knows you are serious. They need your sale, more than you need them, there are plenty of alternative dealers.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Thanks crisp, that 58k offer is what's messing with my head, also a few 57, and 59k deals I have seen.

One dealer seems keen offering more for my trade, so far I have only been dealing with sales managers.

I have started to enquire with Brisbane dealers.....I am in central Queensland.

Starting to consider a black ed. 8k is a big difference , brakes are 3k, so could add a decent exhaust, cai, package for the same price.....

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Try toowoomba holden. They seem willing to negotiate. Go in firm!!

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Negotiating with car dealers can drive you crazy. Keep in mind that dealers are very good at dealing

You can be lucky, few 5min phone calls and I had my deal done.