Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Went about tackling replacing the strut top mounts, everything was going great, until i found out the only spanner which i appear to be missing was 19/20, 19 being the one i needed.

By this stage i gave up, bolted it all back up, threw my tools in the shed and jumped online!

While lowing the jack, i noticed a dripping coming from next to/from the transmission.. so i freaked out and climbed under, instead it was just water coming from a spout seemingly coming out of the floor above the transmission, dripping on the trans and then running down and dripping.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Went about tackling replacing the strut top mounts, everything was going great, until i found out the only spanner which i appear to be missing was 19/20, 19 being the one i needed.

By this stage i gave up, bolted it all back up, threw my tools in the shed and jumped online!

While lowing the jack, i noticed a dripping coming from next to/from the transmission.. so i freaked out and climbed under, instead it was just water coming from a spout seemingly coming out of the floor above the transmission, dripping on the trans and then running down and dripping.
A/C evap drain is in the trans tunnel

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Today I did some work on my pompous wanker chariot (statesman), pulled the TB off and thoroughly cleaned it, replaced the tps and iac. Replaced oil pressure sensor and gave it a belly full of fresh ULX110. New spark plugs and leads, new air filter, new Bosch 044 pump and fuel filter. I plan on going over the whole car and replacing all the usually suspect sensors.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
A/C evap drain is in the trans tunnel

That was what I thought as it was just water (clear and no smell) and I had air con in the car just hours prior.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mike1990

Reaction score
Replaced a headlight bulb. Nothing too exciting coming from my end!

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Got the outside professional cleaned and polished and the engine cleaned with a voucher I got for Christmas. Came up awesome, although the guy was there for nearly 7 hours.

1zeb4g6.jpg

10eg4cx.jpg

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
drove 200 km's into Adelaide and back fully loaded

not pissed either-lol:rofl2:

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
VB has caused great frustration and profanity today.

This morning I took it to the exhaust shop to get a new muffler. No biggie but I lost my chrome tip in the process. It was fully wedged on and would not have come off, the shop said. I took their word for it so went to supercheap to get a new chrome tip. Got one. got it home. tried to fit it. Too small - incorrect size marked on label! Took it back for refund. Supercheap didn't have any suitable size so I went across the way to autobarn. Got one. took it home. Now this one was too long. #### me dead. Couldn't be bothered to take it back (in trying to get it on I damaged it anyway). Aah well....

With that behind me I set about fitting the genuine accessory overriders I won on eBay. Complete set meant it was a very rare item. So I looked at them, and got the WD40 to loosen the clamping nuts. One wouldn't budge. Eventually after 20 minutes trying different ideas I pulled the offending overrider apart, placed the bolt in a new vice I installed on the workshop bench, freed it up, and then had to get the overrider back together again, another ordeal. I then placed them on the car. I tried fitting them with bumpers in place, but the ones on rear couldn't be tightened enough with the tools I had. Off I go to take the rear bar off. Fitted overriders, set to put back rear bar on car. One hole didn't line up. took off bar but dropped it and on the way down scratched the duco on corner under LH tailight. #### IT #### IT #### IT throw spanner across lawn in disgust. Calmed down. Refitted bumper ok. Silastic on bolts didn't help. Touched up scratch and polished surrounding area. Did the front. The front overriders were much much easier to fit and I could tighten them up with the bar in place, saving much time. Car back in garage tools away, off to Michels for a meat pie and OJ......

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
VB has caused great frustration and profanity today.

This morning I took it to the exhaust shop to get a new muffler. No biggie but I lost my chrome tip in the process. It was fully wedged on and would not have come off, the shop said. I took their word for it so went to supercheap to get a new chrome tip. Got one. got it home. tried to fit it. Too small - incorrect size marked on label! Took it back for refund. Supercheap didn't have any suitable size so I went across the way to autobarn. Got one. took it home. Now this one was too long. #### me dead. Couldn't be bothered to take it back (in trying to get it on I damaged it anyway). Aah well....

With that behind me I set about fitting the genuine accessory overriders I won on eBay. Complete set meant it was a very rare item. So I looked at them, and got the WD40 to loosen the clamping nuts. One wouldn't budge. Eventually after 20 minutes trying different ideas I pulled the offending overrider apart, placed the bolt in a new vice I installed on the workshop bench, freed it up, and then had to get the overrider back together again, another ordeal. I then placed them on the car. I tried fitting them with bumpers in place, but the ones on rear couldn't be tightened enough with the tools I had. Off I go to take the rear bar off. Fitted overriders, set to put back rear bar on car. One hole didn't line up. took off bar but dropped it and on the way down scratched the duco on corner under LH tailight. #### IT #### IT #### IT throw spanner across lawn in disgust. Calmed down. Refitted bumper ok. Silastic on bolts didn't help. Touched up scratch and polished surrounding area. Did the front. The front overriders were much much easier to fit and I could tighten them up with the bar in place, saving much time. Car back in garage tools away, off to Michels for a meat pie and OJ......

Pics of over riders or your day was a wasted effort....