Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I think it's an issue with speaker itself, i did try tightening up door screws and applying pressure, but rattle was coming from speaker itself.
I am looking to keep car as long as I can, and have zero desire to sell it (would lose $$$ in depreciation, VB isn't suitable as a daily).

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Well I relented, got autobarn to do it. They have worked on Fiestas before so am reasonably confident. I was just too utterly shagged after a 19km run this morning; also they don't sell the required adaptor plates in town (Fiesta speaker isn't a predetermined size, so some adaptation is required). Thanks to Tasmaniak for the encouragement though.

Job done, sounds awesome, I'd say installation was 95%. Power window switch on driver's side wasn't pushed all the way in, there was a loose wire in door that I easily clipped up, and some small fine scratches on drivers door trim at b-pillar end. That's fine, bad design means the other end of door trim is badl scuffed by my feet getting in and out of it. To top it off the old speakers were inspected by me and I could pinpoint the one that blew.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
now has new rear shocks.

ment the tubeliner came out to get to some parts.
now need to find some more of the tape to refit tomorrow.

redman96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ecotec v6 commodore ute
Drove it to work, pulled up for half hour then turned around and drove it home in the rain (got to love working outdoors)
weekend will put new front bearing, front rotors and pads and maybe a polish if weather is fine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
finished trimming my door inserts in my VX Wagon, just need to get a VZ Acclaim back seat and my interior is finished

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
4 new tyres - Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 245/40-18R.

Drives so much better, the old ones were rooted!

Got 8,500 KMs out of the rears (pirelli rosso asimmetrico) and I don't even do burnouts hahaha

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
bought tape and refitted tubliner.
much better now.

unless something big happens it aint coming back out.
so lowering is now off the cards for good :p

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
^^ guts ^^

Fixed the local mechanic’s printer over the weekend, dropped down the VS this morning to change the hall effect sensor as payment :)
dropped off a new coil as well since the dizzy will be out and there will be 'plenty of room' to change that as well... ha ha.