Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Changed rear (lsd) diff oil in the D22 today. Man was it a task getting the plugs out. Think it was a 3/4" square drive, only have 1/2" socket set but got fill plug after soaking in WD40 putting a jack under the breaker bar and hitting head with a hammer, drain plug not so bad just used pipe to extend breaker. Bought this cheapo pump from supercrap and because the oil was so thick the hose kept popping off, need to find a small clamp. No bits on magnet though so :thumbsup:
20150426_1623261_zpse0umw6dg.jpg

Also replaced the thermostat because when I first got it and did a bit of a service I stuck my finger inside the housing and found this . . .
20150426_1617191_zpsexd8uch1.jpg

Didn't overheat at all but took ages to warm up in the morning. Weird thing is hole in new thermo is only about 2/3 diameter of old one, rated at same temp, seems ok after test drive so meh.

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
raced my turbo ek civic at Heathcote yesterday and managed a PB
11.69 @127MPH

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Refitted the cruise control after nearly two years! So good to have it back, although the aircon is definitely gone for good now.

9zvtxz.jpg

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Plasti dipped my wheels.
20150427_170051.jpg
Added an infill panel.
20150427_140253.jpg

vsk00l

Reaction score
Members Ride
95vs acclaim auto v6
Hi all ,only just getting use to this computer thing , have 2 Commodores , one i have lent to my sis in Port Mac, the other VG ute that was given to me with rego
have changed things in this order since Dec 14 , harmonic bal , fuel press reg , inlet manifold gasket , Tyres & Rims 235 45 17 VR GTS Origional radius arm bushes ( Nolathane ) ,Engine , seats , are now Honda prelude , and diff ,( to remove the wine from the rear end) , PS upgraded the exhaust to 2.50" mandrel bent Self made TIG Welded Now now thing is ausome to drive. PPS when i get vs k00l back from sis upgrades are TURBO & Getrag 5 speed man + Susp & Brake upgrade all done in my Man Cave.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Started searching for the Captiva's replacement as it is still running sweetly but has now clicked over 205k. (Anybody else got an Alloytec with that sort of distance under its belt?)

Stuff me. How hard can it be to find a replacement used SUV-type vehicle for 25k that suits me and the other half in the Newcastle area. Talk about a lousy selection. Fine if I want a Toyota (yuk), Nissan (yuk again) or Mitsy (they leave me cold, too). It seems that every second dildo that drives these things in this area buys one of those three brands - talk about brain-dead!

Choice is currently between CX-5, Sorento diesel or Santa Fe diesel, but they are very few and far between around here at the dealers. Private purchase is out. We would then have to flog the Cappy privately and who would buy a Craptiva with 200+k's?

Rant over. Back to Carsales.......

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Started searching for the Captiva's replacement as it is still running sweetly but has now clicked over 205k. (Anybody else got an Alloytec with that sort of distance under its belt?)

Stuff me. How hard can it be to find a replacement used SUV-type vehicle for 25k that suits me and the other half in the Newcastle area. Talk about a lousy selection. Fine if I want a Toyota (yuk), Nissan (yuk again) or Mitsy (they leave me cold, too). It seems that every second dildo that drives these things in this area buys one of those three brands - talk about brain-dead!

Choice is currently between CX-5, Sorento diesel or Santa Fe diesel, but they are very few and far between around here at the dealers. Private purchase is out. We would then have to flog the Cappy privately and who would buy a Craptiva with 200+k's?

Rant over. Back to Carsales.......

My cousin bought a diesel Santa Fe 7 seater, after having an XC 90, seems happy , was his first new car , got it mainly for the 5 yr warranty

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
Put a new battery in the wagon, it didn't want to start this morning. Had to turn off the headlights & it only just fired up. Got to the workshop & took one out of stock.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
My cousin bought a diesel Santa Fe 7 seater, after having an XC 90, seems happy , was his first new car , got it mainly for the 5 yr warranty

A good choice but unfortunately, well outside my budget. The new S/F gets good reviews, and has all the goodies we'd like, but a diesel is over 40k. The sort of S/F we'd get would be 2010 to 2011 at best, and only some are diesels (my preferred engine).

Just as an aside. I think the old girl knows we are looking for her replacement. She chucked a hissy fit yesterday and blew the top radiator hose. Fortunately, the hose was not only pretty cheap at $34, but it was easily the simplest hose to replace I can remember.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST

I had a white VZ work ute with almost 250k on it. I replaced the engine in it as it had travelled about 35,000km without a service and the big end bearings were gone.

jpizJmJ5ciGQC.JPG

and the oil filter before the engine swap:

jbiMaaqXpeDJi4.JPG