Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Good news bad news, after some thorough discussion the parts manager will refund the price of the throttle cable. Unfortunately (he says) there are no new cables available.

I do have a source that should be able to confirm that though but that still leaves me with a car that currently isn't drivable. I know I can source from ebay or Europe but with covid shipping that could mean up to a month waiting on a cable to arrive.

Have you tried using some PVC coated wire core (clothesline) and some wire crimps with Gaffa tape.
Might get you mobile till ya can sort a replacement part :p

9cf26e76ba4bb06b1340edfc7bc4dacd.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Mr 22 picked up the new throttle cable today and got his refund at the other joint. We've fitted the cable and adjusted it so it has the proper amount of slack but there is something weird with that throttle body. butterfly opens as you expect with the pedal but you can't get it 100% open. The interesting part is the throttle body seems to be electro-mechanical in operation, the butterfly can more independent of the throttle cable and that component has it's own internal spring loading.

Have to wait 24 hours for the rubber glue to cure on the lower intake boot repair and then I guess we can assemble/test and see how it behaves. Mr 22 also have a little ODB2 reader which shows throttle %age I think so we should be able to see what is happening electronically hopefully.

I'm still not a fan of the BMW throttle cable, the outer is quiet pliable and has a bit of give in it, a bit like a spring unlike the Holden ones which are just bloody rigid AF.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mr 22 is assembling his own car :)

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mr 22 is a lot happier. Car is back together and it's behaving much better. Even the aircon seems to be working now so that makes me think it's had a vacuum leak this whole time. Throttle still had a slight dead spot so I tweaked the throttle cable adjustment and it seems good now, transmission seems a lot happier too with some clean fluid in it.

IT still smells a bit fuelly on a cold start/idle so next up will be a new set of plugs, then we drop the transmission pan, new filter and more clean fluid and hopefully that will be like new again.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Pulled up the rear carpet to dry out the water that leaked in from the rain. Replaced the boot lock to no avail. Removed the front door cards to fix where the rain was getting in from. Replaced the front speakers while I was there.

Tomorrow job will be figuring out why the boot release isn’t working.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Gave mine its annual wash. Did exactly 382km in the last 12 months.

More worrying is the knock I can now hear. Hoping its a dud ancillary bearing or engine mount!

IMG_6924_2.JPG

IMG_6925_2.JPG

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Also gave mine a wash. Well, more of a lick and a promise really. Felt a migraine coming on - may have inhaled a too may Metalex fumes while splashing the second coat on all the 45° cuts of the ballustrade and retaining wall beforehand.

20220306_114121.jpg

Skipped the wheels, I'll do them twice next time.

20220306_114204.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Finally pulled my finger out my butt to fix a fuel leak I had near the fuel tank.....

Turns out there were 2 seperate leaks...First was a clamp holding the hose onto the sender unit outlet.....Easy fix...Trim the hose and retightened the clamp....

The 2nd was a fitting I had at my electric fuel pump...Bloody thing worked loose.....And in typical fashion, tighten it up and split the fuel hose coming out the fitting....

When I trimmed the fuel hose up, it ended up too short to refit to the fitting, so a little more dodging up, finally fixed the bloody leak....

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
tweaked my custom coolant steam vent setup today, was all good with factory heads but the dart heads on new block seem little different because of deck heights and gasket thickness so small tweak to get them back PITA, few more fiddly bits to do before bolting the engine in

Reactions: Lex