Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
As members are confessing their speeding sins ......... Forgive me, as I have also been led astray for a good reason.

'Somewhere', south of Gatton last year, I got stuck behind a semi carrying cattle on a minor road. Been there before with the waft and other stuff of cattle byproducts, so kept a good distance behind until I could see a long uphill straight with no oncoming cars..
When I got the chance, slotted the Terri shifter into 'Sport' mode, and 'sank the jandal.'
140+kmh as I passed the prime mover, and ...........
She " Enjoying yourself ?" while looking at the satnav speed.
Me " Yep. The old Ford still has some get up and go.."
She " Wonder what the speeding fine is in Qld ?"
Me " Probably a lot".
The sounds of silence as I dropped back to 95. ;).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I used to speed all the time with the hope I wouldn't get caught. Most of the time I didn't. That was 30 years ago when speed checkers were police with rubber strip's on the road, or them tailing you. I don't think I've had a speeding fine in 30 years as I don't want to pay out my hard earned money. Now I have a powerful car and powerful bike, but I might as well own a Gemini and a 250cc bike because I actually no longer use the power I have available. Plus I realise now I can still only save five mins on my 35min trip to work if I do drive or ride like a mad man.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Took the "as new" thermofan out of the old BMW so we can fit it into the not quite so old BMW. It's literally plug and play to upgrade the mechanical thermofan on the 330i to an electric unit.

I don't mind if people are scared to drive at the speed limit but don't hold me up.

Cops focus way to much on speeding drivers but never on some of the reasons why people overtake/speed.

People say the posted speed limit is not a target but I beg to differ. The speed limit is set because that is the speed the grubberment deems is safe for that environment so there is no reason people should be driving well below that speed and if you do, move over and get out of the way of people who want to get to where they are going without been reasonably held up.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
IMG_6401.jpeg

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

" ................ Interesting. That sounds like lifters, or water pump, or tensioner, or injectors, or a loose headlight, or a ball-bearing in the combustion chamber, or the clutch, or a rear wheel bearing. or loose change in the console.
I will get my best apprentice to replace all of those, except the loose change ...............Maccas have a loose change menu ............ and let you know the cost sometime soon. For comparison, should be a bit less than the price of a new BMW M4. "

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
" ................ Interesting. That sounds like lifters, or water pump, or tensioner, or injectors, or a loose headlight, or a ball-bearing in the combustion chamber, or the clutch, or a rear wheel bearing. or loose change in the console.
I will get my best apprentice to replace all of those, except the loose change ...............Maccas have a loose change menu ............ and let you know the cost sometime soon. For comparison, should be a bit less than the price of a new BMW M4. "
1713335300576.png

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Reminds me of the story of the young bloke caught having sex with the young girl so his old man sends him off to confession.
The priest said to the young bloke
Was it mabel rothy
kid say's no father
Was it julie lake
No father
Was it carol rolls
No father
The priest say's go on your way and say 3 hail mary's
Kid gets outside and his mate say's
How did you go
Kid say's great, got 3 new leads.
s

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
There is a reason I had NORTI plates…..

And I can not be a Police Officer or a Driving Instructor now with my history ;)

Also declined sale on a couple of salvage auctions on impound vehicles even via my business account.

So speeding will get you in other ways if you are too well practiced.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Shites me to tears at every single overtaking lane. Either the fukwit who has been dawdling along at 80kph figures out how to do 100kph as soon as the overtaking lane appears or the idiot immediately stuck behind them hops in the overtaking lane and dawdles along at 2kph faster than the car they are overtaking so only they get past and everyone else is still stuck behind. If we had speed cameras to prosecute both those type of people I’d be happy.
Yeah, that gives me the sh1ts. I think it's like a game for some. 80 in the 100 zone, and then they do 100 on the overtaking part.:(