Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what do these faults mean??

harro_VR

Boosted VR
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Berlina turbo, VZ SS
hey i just checked error codes on my vr v6 and i came back with
Code 33 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) high voltage ( have a crs charger with starndard map sensor do i need a 2 bar map sensor?
Code 53 - System Voltage Too High - Auto Transmission Only ( been converted to manual.... have memcal for it tho)

and also my car idles really high what could cause this??

thanks Harro

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Its getttin a spike in voltage, sumtimes these codes will log for no reason, i would reset the codes by pulling out the engine fuse, then go for a drive around see if it logs them again.

MAP sensors are exy, i doubt the 2bar map would do anythinkto help, its mainly for easier tuning.

As for the auto codes, i would have thought they would ahve disabled all the errors to do with the auto in the memcal, but i guess not then, cant help ya there.

When my ecu shat itself, it would log map volt high n o2 sensors but they were fine, dodgy ecu

304cci

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8
you batt. may be overcharging

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
as soon as you hit boost the 1 bar map is gonna set a high pressure code cause it can only read up to atmospheric pressure as soon as you hit boost it will max it out causing the code. i presume youre running a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to add fuel on boost you can disable the code in the tune so you dont get the code.