Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you guys think of DBA rotors?

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Yep, They are basically your best go to rotor.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I had DBAs fitted to my WM Statesman (all 4 corners) and my VZ S ute (front only) and never had an issue. Brake performance was drastically improved and I wouldn't use anything else. As soon as my Pajero is due for discs it'll be getting DBAs.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I put these on a few thousand clicks ago:

10zbif4.jpg

I cant go a VE upgrade kit due to my rims, so I thought the best of the best standard sizes will do, the XS and some Ultimates. Cheap as chips too.

In a word they're brilliant. Utterly impressed, would never consider anything else aside some stock HD series rotors. I've ground up PBR, RDA and Street Series before these, but treating them the same way, they just ask for more.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
definitely worth it.
have had them for ages, definitely a step up from standards.
only difference is mine are the t3s.
the mechanic said its a fair bit of overkill for what it does, and they occasionally squeal when cold, but once they are warmed up a bit they are certainly good.
GSL are quite good to get them through aswell.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Thanks for all your inputs guys. A few questions...

1. @ Pollushon...a little confused as to what you meant by " I cant go a VE upgrade kit due to my rims, so I thought the best of the best standard sizes will do".
Does that mean that VE rotors are better than dba x gold series?

2. I keep hearing that drilled rotors are actually a disadvantage as they are prone to cracking. What's your take on that?

3. Those of you who had them for a long time...What is their actual lifespan on a DD that is occasionally street raced.

4. How resistant are they to wrapping? Are they machineable? Have any of you machined them?

Thanks for your help guys!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The VE upgrade means bigger discs and caliper. They won't clear my rims, so I got the best rotor for a stock setup. If I went a VE kit, I'd trade the stock rotors the kit comes with and get DBA HD series (which the T3 and XS are a part of).

As for the rest, I'll have to see how they go, but I can tell you the HD series take a hell of a lot of punishment, my Street Series would have been rooted by now.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
I just noticed you guys are talking about the HD series (DBA 4000). But I am inquiring about the street series.

I know the 4000 and the 5000 are the cream of the crop...but I heard the street series ones are made in China and not nearly as good.

What's your take on it? Anyone got them?

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
2. I keep hearing that drilled rotors are actually a disadvantage as they are prone to cracking. What's your take on that?

3. Those of you who had them for a long time...What is their actual lifespan on a DD that is occasionally street raced.

4. How resistant are they to wrapping? Are they machineable? Have any of you machined them?

2) wont be a problem for street racing. ive done track work with DBA's and no issues

3) going on 20,000km

4) i havnt had an issue with warping, even after track days.
ive had mine machined.