Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Do You Think About Abortion & Abortion Procedures????

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
And who are you to say what any other person can or can't do?

People have choices made for them every single day, so do you. It's my opinion and clearly its not going to be made into a law simply because i said it. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
According to my religion it's not right in any circumstance. In rape cases I think it's more than excusable. I don't agree with people using it as a contraceptive either. In the event of a fault with a child and the parents cannot provide for that child I can understand it.

I think people should adopt out a child if they cannot provide or do not want to provide for a child. There are so many wonderful people who are dying to have a child but medically cannot conceive.

The backyarders that do this sort of stuff are terrible, so many women ruined with their chances of ever having a child because of an abortion.
How many cases are backyard abortions tho? Not many.

And how many of those are forced upon women because their religion says its wrong? 100% of them.

Even adopting out, the parents still have an attachment to the child. Some people may not want an attachment, so an abortion is the logical option.

Keep in mind the thread asked for YOUR opinion, not what your religion tells you.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
How many cases are backyard abortions tho? Not many.

And how many of those are forced upon women because their religion says its wrong? 100% of them.

Even adopting out, the parents still have an attachment to the child. Some people may not want an attachment, so an abortion is the logical option.

Keep in mind the thread asked for YOUR opinion, not what your religion tells you.

And I gave my opinion. The problems that are caused by botched abortions are terrible and in a lot of cases cause long term problems. I think it should be better regulated. There are shonky people in any industries, but especially in "family planning centers" because it's not like a girl who is young and hiding it from her parents is going to take the doctor to court.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
But most women would go to their normal doctor......making that an irrelevant point

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
To each their own. Poeple can make these choices themselves and the option should be available. Like smoking. It kills, people are still able to choose if they do it or not.
Let people decide - hate nothing more than the preachers who get in here and say "it is bad you can't do it because i have no idea and just reckon".... when it affects them not at all.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'm pro-choice, personally. If the kid is going to live in a crap environment, or is going to be born with issues that will seriously degrade their quality of life, then they're better off not being born...I know I'd rather not be born than have a **** life.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
definitly pro choice here, but disagree to it as a form of contraception cuase your to lazzy to use proper contraception at the time of conception.

agree with minux, all those on the dole/benefit shouldn't be allowed to keep having more children. the problem is that certain maori MP's in this country actually advocate for teenage moari girls to have more babies and live on the benefit to boost the maori population. therefor we are screwed here in NZ. hence the reason i agree with Minux on the "no more childern when on benefit" and the reason we have the 2nd highest rate of teenage preganancies in the world me thinks

well said STEALTHY, religion need to get ****ed full stop.

it's a big debate when a feotus becomes aware, has sence and feeling etc. if think 28 weeks is a bit late from what the latest research says.

i also know someone who had a abortion when she was almost full term, something went wrong and the child wouldn't have survived long after delivery or if it had it woulda been a full veg. the fathers parents were using religion/beliefs to stop the poor pregnant girl from aborting, mostly because the child would have recieved a benefit if it has survived because it would have been disabled, not they would have helped her look after it. bloody maori's

as for those people picketing the abortion clinics, i recon they deserve to be shot for it

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Pro choice for sure.

I laugh at the late great bill hicks.

instead of pro lifers blocking entrances to abortion clinics and hospitals, how about they lock arms and block funerals. you can't die yet... we're pro lifers.

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
I'm pro choice,

Even if all precautions are taken, there is still a chance that women can fall pregnant. Also bringing a child into a world of misery isnt always a good idea. There are also medical reasons why an abortion should be allowed.

As for the prolife people, go target all the ****head drug users in this world.

My brother had muscular dystrophy and died recently (just before his 19th birthday). I loved the guy to death, but from a logical point of view i have to ask if it would have been better if he wasnt born at all? I dont want to sound like a prick, but the 10 years of suffering he went through (it starts kicking in at age 8) was horrific. It caused my parents to separate, caused massive financial problems and was incredibly tough of myself and my sisters.

So had my parents known that he would be born with MD, should they have the right to terminate? Its bloody touchy, and i dont know if i want to know the answer. But bringing a child into the world to suffer seems cruel.

So to all those living nice lifestyles, you dont know what its like for someone with a terrible illness. So until you see the suffering first hand, you honestly have no right to impose your beliefs onto others.

Very touchy subject.

Interesting question though ---- What happens if the father wants to keep the child, but the mother wants to abort? At the moment it seems to be the mothers choice, but last time i checked it requires at least 50% of the effort from the father.

So if a mother wants to abort, can a father request the mother to have the baby then give it (legally and physically) to the dad? I reckon males should have a choice in the matter as well.