Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think of what I did today?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Yeah I just wired them up to my parkers.
I can't see why they'd be illegal, as you say, they're white, and they're not under the car like an undercar neon/LED.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I've thought about putting blue or white led's in behind my custom grille in front of the radiator. Out of sight so all that would be visible would be a feint glow.

Attachments

• P5020003.jpg
    P5020003.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 132

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i personally dont like em' but respect on the work itself.

plus the cops will like them, it will mean they get to hand out another ticket :( im pretty sure all lights have to follow specific colors and pass luminescence tests (i dunno if that is spelled correctly, but bite me, its a tough word)

anyways, all the jap test cars we import have to pass luminescence tests (copy and paste) to make sure they are not too bright, aimed in the right direction and not gonna blind other drivers.

having said that, it looks like your parkers are green so they will pick on that first :p

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
My parkers are actually white :p. My avatar thingy is from ages ago when I did have green parkers, but they're white now.
If the LED were put through the luminescence test (copied your word), I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do too bad, they're not really projecting light too much, they're more a glow, like a reflection type thing. I know that's not technically correct. I'm about to change them to be just under my headlights, so they'll be a bit more conventional.
We'll see though I guess.

@ VYMAD - I have seen plenty of cars on the net and on youtube who have lights behind their grilles. Doesn't look too bad in my opinion, but I'm sure there is a limited number of people who'll agree with me lol. I've got a green LED strip behind my number plate which will light up that whole part, but I haven't connected it yet as I ran out of time to be able to run wire to a switch in the cabin. I'm also going to look at putting lights behind my grille, although mine is just a basic grill.

I like lights :) lol, and it's cheaper to do this stuff than performance mods on my tight part-time-working-and-uni-attending budget :).

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Ok well I changed them today. Didn't get them up under the headlights yet. That's going to need the removal of the front bumper again and I didn't want to have to do all that.
Instead of having them curved, I've straightened them out. I think someone suggested doing that?

I think it might be a little hard to get them under the headlights and still have the LED look come through, instead of just a glow.. I want for each individual LED to be visible, very much like the lights in the R8, not just the glow from it's lights.
So here is a new photo, again, new thoughts :).
Comparison:
img0562small.jpg

img0563small.jpg

I reckon I prefer this. I don't know if I'm starting to go too over the top, but I have now started thinking about possibly adding the curve in as well, so instead of it just being a part of the panels curve's like I had it in the first place, it'd be the whole thing. Would be quite large though, so might look tacky again.
These LED's are very good at night though, brilliant light comes from them.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
its better, but i still think under the headlights would be nicest

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
Why not pull the complete headlight apart and create a circle in the high beam section like the BMW angel lights.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Yeah it is better :).

I really don't wanna try and take my headlight apart to be honest lol. Also, I've got some black altezza headlights with the angel eyes on there way (when they finally get to the dude at holmart). I did already have them, but they were recalled, so now I'm waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for the good batch to come in.

thecommykid

thecommykid
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz berlina 3.6
i think it would look sik if you could have them around that large gap in the middle instead could some one photoshop that for him please?