Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel are you using? VB - VK

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I also have extractors and non rebuilt engine, no oil leaks.

I have to fix a hole/joint in the tailpipe, i may get better results afterwards.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Mobil 8000 with Flashlube valve additive. Only gets fuel top ups a few times a year due to low usage of the car, but no pinging at any stage. Been told premium only has a shelf-life of 2 weeks - how would I know it has gone bad in my tank?

M

MrVK85

Okay i know this question has been asked enough, but what fuel are well all putting in our commodores atm? that includes lubes etc.

I've been putting half 95 ron and half e10 per tank, with nylon lead replacemnt in my tank which works out good. :)

Pings a bit with straight e10 "10% ethanol"

I've noticed the bp 98 unlimate octane is about... would this be better then 95?

Hi. I own a 1985 VK sedan with a 202 black motor with the Borg Wanrer trimatic box... I am running Vortex in her with a fuel conditioner - at the rate of 1ml per 1litre of fuel.
It does improve fuel ecconomy. I have not experienced any adverse effects...YET....:)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Mobil 8000 with Flashlube valve additive. Only gets fuel top ups a few times a year due to low usage of the car, but no pinging at any stage. Been told premium only has a shelf-life of 2 weeks - how would I know it has gone bad in my tank?

I got about 18months out of a tank of optimax in my VK before it went bad, the car wouldnt run properly, was missing and stalling. Drained, clean the tank, replaced the fuel filter, flushed the fuel lines, back flushed the fuel injectors, clean the spark plugs, gave it 20L of new fuel and it ran sweet again :)

I think you might get a month out of higher octane fuel at its peak but in a sealed container out of direct sunlight it will last longer.

I normally run 98 octane fuel.

cheers
Scott

stevenvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice gen 3, 1975 HJ Statesman
I either use ulp plus from united over here anything higher seems to mkae my car ping and again anything lower makes her ping. Get about 60 kms more to a tank than on normal unleaded.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
It's funny about people saying about fuel going off. My cousin's 351 Cobra has BP ultimate in it and wasn't driven for 2 years and it still went like a rocket a while back :yeah:

Of course it needed a bit of fuel dropped into the carb to get her going. :)

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
I got about 18months out of a tank of optimax in my VK before it went bad, the car wouldnt run properly, was missing and stalling. Drained, clean the tank, replaced the fuel filter, flushed the fuel lines, back flushed the fuel injectors, clean the spark plugs, gave it 20L of new fuel and it ran sweet again :)

I think you might get a month out of higher octane fuel at its peak but in a sealed container out of direct sunlight it will last longer.

I normally run 98 octane fuel.

cheers
Scott

Out side the new 100 octane optimax wot fuel can ya run out of a pump in ya street car and at wot octaine is it ?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Most cars have a diff octane rating, not all the same.. you don't want to over do it or BOOOOOM!