Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Fuel Do u use in your car

Where do u get your fuel from

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
hey guys,

Just doing a quick check to see what fuel people run in there cars, and what brand of fuel people are using?

Just decided to run a different fuel in my car, I used to run BP 91 ron Unleaded in my V6 commodore, and didnt think much of it.. but im onto my second tank of BP ultimate 98ron and i'am actully seeing the difference, like if i boot it around a corner the back end will really slip out, or if taking off from the traffic lights too much accl and it spins like no tomorrow, also the fuel saving has been noticable. just wondering if anyone else has had exeperence like this...with different fuels.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
BP ultimate. So much cheaper in the long run.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
well its actully not that more expensive in the short term either. I worked it out last night.
Say if 91ron was 1.23per L and ultimate was 1.33 per L...if u put 60 bucks of fuel in u only get 3 L less fuel using ultimate which isnt alot when u think of the extra power and fuel savings that u achive from ultimate

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
patullose said:
well its actully not that more expensive in the short term either. I worked it out last night.
Say if 91ron was 1.23per L and ultimate was 1.33 per L...if u put 60 bucks of fuel in u only get 3 L less fuel using ultimate which isnt alot when u think of the extra power and fuel savings that u achive from ultimate

That may be a valid point, however you also need to consider the wear and tear of your engine. Higher octane fuel will burn cleaner and in turn keep your engine cleaner, reducing the need for expensive maintinance. And thats how I turned dogs against cats.

Steve.

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
I ran Optimax , Synargy 8000 , and BP Ultimate (a month at a time) and for some reason my car prefers BP, runs smoother , about the same k's as the others but the BP fuel feels better (seat of ur pants driving) and for some reason the car has more urge up top (freeway overtaking lets call it ;) ) with BP than the other two..:)

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
slundy said:
That may be a valid point, however you also need to consider the wear and tear of your engine. Higher octane fuel will burn cleaner and in turn keep your engine cleaner, reducing the need for expensive maintinance. And thats how I turned dogs against cats.

Steve.

Really it does clean your engine? I thought that was just BP tooting there own Horn, didnt actully think it was fact

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Do you think that applys to older engines that are already dirty..that it wil clean them up, or that is only for new engines to keep them clean?

Last edited:

LisnM8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5Litre
Bp ultimate gives me way better return on my money, 30 dollors used to get me to work and back once.... on ultimate it makes it to work and back and back to work not that i wanna be there but hey...However in my 308 hj i cant run ultimate it makes it ping however mobile synergy runs better :confused: who knows oh wells that my two cents