Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the stupidest thing you have heard someone say?

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
when i first drove my parent's vr v6, i told my friends how good it is, and how it accelerates like a rocket for such an old family car, and one of my friends "it's the power-steering." i said "i said the car accelerates really quickly, you just touch the accelerator and it pulls really hard" and he said "nah but i'm talking about power-steering"

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Bax said:
Whats wrong with extractors on a turbo car??

Terminology was just a little off, if the fella was looking for an aftermarket manifold, then I'm sure Mr. I hate abba would have been much more helpful. :yeah:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Bax said:
Whats wrong with extractors on a turbo car??

Extractors is terminology used for describing the design of separate pipes for each cylinder which form into a collector and rely on the pulsing effect of each cylinders exhaust gas escaping to suck or extract the next fired cylinders gases....hence the name.

Turbo's have exhaust manifolds...which relys on exhaust gas velocity and pressure to spin the turbine....there is very little if any exhaust extraction.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
commod8 said:
when i first drove my parent's vr v6, i told my friends how good it is, and how it accelerates like a rocket for such an old family car, and one of my friends "it's the power-steering." i said "i said the car accelerates really quickly, you just touch the accelerator and it pulls really hard" and he said "nah but i'm talking about power-steering"

i dont get it......or any of your other posts

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
stocky said:
i dont get it......or any of your other posts

But you found them amusing anyway yeah? I know I did:D

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
commod8 said:

Hahaha, I've got a few like that. There was the fella who told me my straight 6 falcon was crap because I couldn't put a dual exhaust on it and the guy who told me I should clean my extractors coz they had some sort of "weird looking coating on them". Dude's just weren't real clear on the concept.

The worst one relating to that vehicle though was when I was giving a bloke a lift home from uni coz it was raining (guy's a ******** but I took pity), the alternator bearing was on the way out, so on a hard launch the fanbelt squealed like a stuck pig. (around 3500rpm the bearing started howling as well which was really cool) I move off the line at an intersection and the fanbelt speaks up a bit, and knobjob in the passenger seat starts giving me crap about spinning the wheels! I mean WTF? What end of the vehicle was the noise coming from? I asked him if he was accusing me of driving a front wheel drive falcon and he shut his face thankfully. A more cluey mate of mine took him for a quick ride in his RA22 celica with a worked 4AG a while afterwards, and if memory serves he wouldn't get in a car with either of us for about six months. LOL.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
back in my school days my mate in our wood work class, asked the teacher if pine wood came from gum trees

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
you probably don't understand my stories because what people have said to me don't make sence, it's not that what i typed what jibberish - my friends and teachers just said and did weird things. pandaman understood the stories.

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
my stories are that weird, that you're making out as if i'm the stooge
:)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Ok...I nearly forgot this one...

When I was driving through the Hungry Jacks Drive through this rather dopey chick says to me...

Do you want to eat here or take away ?

roflmao ! :yeah: :D :p

Last edited: