Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What mobile phones does everyone have?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
nokia n73. worst phone ever. slow and buggy, random lockups, random drop outs, everything

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
hey guys, whoever made this thread is just awsome cos there is so much discussion :D;):yeah:

anyway, tomorrow im taking my Motorola V6 Maxx and ending the contract, due to an attempted 3 repair jobs and it has stuffed up again (i havent had it for even 12 months)....

now, i need to choose a new next g phone, and i dont know what to choose. i wouldnt mind going up to a V9 but they are so damn expensive and i want it on pre-paid because im sick of big bills, so whether i choose a pre-paid or a plan (ill buy the plan on outright), so what do you think i should get? i dont want an LG or a telstra one, just dont like them. thanks

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
nokia n73. worst phone ever. slow and buggy, random lockups, random drop outs, everything

u tired updated the firmware/soft on the phone u'll be supried taht they will fix most of the errors, i do agree it is so, drops for me sometime because my suburb is F*** for recption:bang:, apart from that it a good phone i love the digital camera

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
hey guys, whoever made this thread is just awsome cos there is so much discussion :D;):yeah:

anyway, tomorrow im taking my Motorola V6 Maxx and ending the contract, due to an attempted 3 repair jobs and it has stuffed up again (i havent had it for even 12 months)....

now, i need to choose a new next g phone, and i dont know what to choose. i wouldnt mind going up to a V9 but they are so damn expensive and i want it on pre-paid because im sick of big bills, so whether i choose a pre-paid or a plan (ill buy the plan on outright), so what do you think i should get? i dont want an LG or a telstra one, just dont like them. thanks

I'd go the Optus Prepaid K750i, 2 megapixel camera, memory card, etc, very reliable phone, not buggy at all.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
u tired updated the firmware/soft on the phone u'll be supried taht they will fix most of the errors, i do agree it is so, drops for me sometime because my suburb is F*** for recption:bang:, apart from that it a good phone i love the digital camera

im with 3 and a few weeks ago i got an sms from them saying that there was a firmware update for it but i wasnt able to find anything about it from their website.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626

IMHO, vodafone is the only way to go...their coverage isn't as good in some places as what you get with Smellstra or Optarse, but other than that, Vodafone are awesome. I've been on voda for nearly 2 years now, no complaints whatsoever.

As for a new handset, i like Nokias, personally.

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore

get the nokia 6120c, if you don't want big bills consider a cap.

its $24.54 per month over 24 mths on the $49 cap or $0 on the $79 cap.

Phone: Nokia - Nokia 6120 classic - All phones - Find products

Plan: 3G and Next G Cap Plans - Telstra Mobile

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

2 more NOKIAs & 2 more Samsungs to be released on T shortly.

What spend level are you on? You looking at taking a $0 phone? or would you pay a bit towards it?

V6 is end of life now, so they CBF with them.

I has a V9, & there is nothing but good reviews for them. but only on $80+ phone plans for $0 atm.

lol give me your number Ill call you & offer $0 phone + cap ;) lmao!

Last edited:

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
2 more NOKIAs & 2 more Samsungs to be released on T shortly.

What spend level are you on? You looking at taking a $0 phone? or would you pay a bit towards it?

V6 is end of life now, so they CBF with them.

I has a V9, & there is nothing but good reviews for them. but only on $80+ phone plans for $0 atm.

lol give me your number Ill call you & offer $0 phone + cap ;) lmao!

what can you offer that us mere telstra employees can't?