Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What mods would i have to do to get an NA Vt to produce 180KW at the flywheel?

joey8884

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
What mods would i have to do, to get an NA Vt to produce 180KW at the flywheel? Also what would i have to spend? i am not after crazy amount of power, just a bit extra than what it already has, and keep it nice and driveable, i occasionally will use the car to tow so dont want to lose too much, if any down low in the rev range. i am sure this question has been asked b4, did a search and couldn't find it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
A cam, lifters, full exhaust, throttle body, manifold and plenum spacers and a proper tune should get you over 180-190 if you do it properly so flywheel should be fairly easy

Or you can do bigger injectors and a side mount supercharger and you should get around the 210rw mark if you tune it right and put an exhaust on it

oscar03

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY ss hothouse green
buy an sv6 write off and swap the engine over and ecu and you have 190.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
CAI, Exhaust, Rockers, Plenum Spacer should get you about 170-180 with a fairly healthy motor

If you are smart about it and you can get your hands on a good second hand exhaust all this can be achieved for under 1K

Beauzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy spack v6
Iv got 210kw at the fly with a cam and exhaust

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Stock VT ecotec is 147kw, add some ultra high ratio rockers, manifold and plenum spacers and CAI and it should get close to 180kw depending on the condition of the engine. With a decent exhaust added it shouldn't be a problem.

cheers

Bart

MACE

Reaction score
Hey joey8884,

Some value for money items to consider to reach or exceed that figure would be the following

ultra or high ratio rockers
25mm manifold spacer
12mm Plenum spacer
Cold air intake
cat back exhaust
larger throttle body
tune to suit mods

Can refine components to recommend (as there are heaps of things which can be done to these engines) if you have a budget in mind.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6
ive just done some mace things to my vt 99 berlina. Memcal, plenium spacer, lukey catback, mace air box and still need to flush out my radiator and put in my 82c thermostate. But from those mods car feels so much healther. and it goes harder mainly around the 2k to 4k rpm mark, and dont have to floor it just to get it upto 100km/h as quick. How much kw increase do you think i'd be at with these mods up front 147kw?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Isn't a V8 with cold air intake 180@flywheel so just buy a V8 and you've got a great tow vehicle to boot?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Isn't a V8 with cold air intake 180@flywheel so just buy a V8 and you've got a great tow vehicle to boot?

Don't try logic on people with 6 cylinders they just arc up at you.