Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What more todo?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi Guys.

I am looking at what to replace mechanical wise with VR. to prevent

I Have Done Radiator hoses, the Block plastic hose connectors, leads, coolant, trans service, plugs, all filters, inlet gasket, throttle body clean, Coolant Temp sensor to ECU, oil, brake pads, brake fluid, radiator cap, thermostat, engine mounts, Alternator was rebuilt about 2 years ago same with Engine belt being replaced, trans service not to long ago, new key head. is there anything else that is known to let go? that will cause it to become un drivable ? Its happened and got towed 2 weeks ago so going right over to replace anything for piece of mind. I cant think of anything else. i swear i have rebuilt the car now lol

So share with me what has let go on your VR etc so i can check it out. Its the mrs car and i want it running perfect.

thanks guys

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
youve covered most things by the looks, water pump is the other thing that can go, but i havn't ever seen it make the car undriveable, it will just have a slow leak.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well i know the water pump was replaced before we got the car, receipt was in the glove box.
exhaust has been replaced also to add lol tyres are all pretty new, 80% tread. oh and power steering fluid was replaced less then 2 yrs ago.

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
the only other things are like bushes in the suspension, inlet manifold gaskets, shockers, radiator can split, heater tap can leak, heater core can leak (if its been neglected ie ran with water not coolant, cooling system)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Oh i keep forgetting, All the shocks are done, iv done the heater core the cheaters way lol, and yes i did the inlet gaskets last weekend. heater tap not to old either. radiator is in good condition :)

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
i think your pretty much set, coils and dfi modules and crank sensors can also die

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
starter motor? leave hammer in boot just in case.

As also mentioned above, dizzy cap, coil n rotor

Fuel pump

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
oil pressure sensor, crank angle sensor,manifold air pressure sensor, oxygen sensor and what ever other ones there are